SIAP....WSU vs. Ku, talent influx, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIAP....WSU vs. Ku, talent influx, 2012

After a couple of games and exhibitions, I'm not sure there's a very big gap, if there is one at all, between the NEW(playing this year for the first time) talent of the two schools...in fact, I think the Shocks may be more versatile and set for the future, if not as well know. Tonight's games will be interesting!

why?

Comment

Seriously, stop.

Comment

I hate KU...that is all.

Comment

There certainly is very little gap in athleticism. Talent there is a gap, but talent only gets you so far. Talent must be combined with skill and effort to be effective. Wichita State vs KU on television would certainly pass the eye test. I have no idea what the final score would be at the end of the game, but I would be less worried about playing KU than VCU right now.

VCU's brand of gimmicky, disruptive defense is designed to make great teams look bad. It's exactly the same mentality that SIU used during their heyday; "bring the game down to our level". KU would at least play you straight up with solid defense and try to win with firepower. It wouldn't be the garbage you're going to see tonight against VCU.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Pull over Molly!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Cold is right. Athletically, there may be some similarities, but as far as basketball talent and ability to play at the college level right now, KU has the edge. I love the Shox and I think we could hang with KU in a one off game towards the end of the season this year, but I am also a realist.
              "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                I hate KU...that is all.
                Ditto ... I would LOVE to see the Shocks/Jaysquawkers get a chance to settle this debate on the court instead of knuckleheads like us typing about it on SN.

Comment

well, thanks for indulging me, those that did...hating KU does not make them go away, and comparing favorably to a team that played for the national title last year OUGHT to be a compliment....but whatever...enjoy the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                    Cold is right. Athletically, there may be some similarities, but as far as basketball talent and ability to play at the college level right now, KU has the edge. I love the Shox and I think we could hang with KU in a one off game towards the end of the season this year, but I am also a realist.
                    If anything its the other way around. WSU could compete better now then at the end of the season.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Ask yourself this: would you trade three of our guys for Perry Ellis? I assume the answer is yes. KU has about three of Perry Ellis.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                        Ask yourself this: would you trade three of our guys for Perry Ellis? I assume the answer is yes. KU has about three of Perry Ellis.
                        The answer is No. I wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                        X