• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas Odds - Wichita State at VCU

Opening Line:
    VCU over the Shockers by 4.5 points.

Power Rankings / Prediction:
    The Rams - Shockers odds would favor the Shockers if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Virginia Commonwealth is rated No. 97 in the current Odds Shark poll, while Wichita State is at No. 3. Mathematical models based on recent stats and predictive formulas point to a 89-80 win for the Rams.

How They Match Up:
    When it comes to rebounds, the visiting Shockers rank No. 45 in NCAA Division 1 with 45 per game. That compares with Virginia Commonwealth’s No. 72 ranking in that category. The story is different when it comes to three-point shooting where Virginia Commonwealth is college basketball's No. 68-ranked team at 8 per game, while the Shockers rate No. 144 with 6 per game.
    Defensively, Wichita State features the nation's No. 1-rated defense on the road, allowing 0 points per game. Virginia Commonwealth, meanwhile, comes in at No. 76 nationally in scoring at home.

Betting Fun Facts:

Wichita State Shockers Trends:
    When playing on Tuesday are 7-3
    Before playing Western Carolina are 0-1
    After a win are 8-2

Virginia Commonwealth Rams Trends:
    When playing on Tuesday are 5-5
    Before playing Winthrop are 1-0
    After a win are 8-2

Last I checked the current spread was 7.

Comment

I am worried for tonight's game, especially with how poorly our guys handled the pressure and how NCC was able to gets points off turnover. Couple this with our poor three point shooting in the second half and I have a nagging worry about a potential blowout loss. Of course thenolder i get the mpre I tend to be a worrywart.

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Legit concerns

Comment

I have no expectations for tonight, but have confidence that coach will have them ready to play.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I expect the Shocks to win. Important game for NCAA tourney. Gregg brought in the juco horses to win and win now. Thats why Armstead is here. Forget about the "get acquainted" period. NCAA rules now allow extended summer/fall practice times. There is plenty of returning experience. The recruiting classes of the last 2 years was off the charts.

Comment

I'm definitely a little worried. No doubt I'm excited, but worried. But Marshall has a clear head on his shoulders and he knows what he's doing. I'm sure he'll have his boys as prepared as they can be.

Comment

I want to hear Baker for 33333333333333333333 all night

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing the Shox on TV. Being in Omaha I don't get much of that. Sure hope the team plays well and wins.

Comment

As long as we keep up our defensive road average we will win the game.

Comment

VCU-72
                      WSU-60

Comment

If we play poorly-

VCU 70,
                        WSU 57

If we play decent-

VCU 63,
                        WSU 58

If we play great-

WSU 66,
                        VCU 62

I think middle option is most likely, but would be thrilled if proven wrong.

Comment

WSU on the road ...
                          New squad from last year, still putting pieces together ...
                          VCU squad who pressures the hell out of their competition ...
                          VCU returned some experience ...

WSU - 61
                          VCU - 77

Good game to play early in the season to expose some of our weaknesses or potential weaknesses.

If we play poorly and lose .... good game for Marshall to use in the film room. Shows our young guys what it takes to be successful at this level.
                          If we play well and lose ... win/win in my book. Yes, we played well and showed signs of a good bball team ... but by losing, you can still really coach em up because the game outcome was not desired. Use the game a stepping block ... stay focused and keep moving forward.
                          If we play well and win ... good because Marshall is getting our guys on track for the long-haul of our season. Potential resume building win. Nat'l Televised game (recruiting & etc.)
                          Last edited by small tyme baller; November 13, 2012, 12:48 PM. Reason: grammer
                          Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

What if we play poorly and win?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Then we are winning the valley

Comment

Working...
                              X