Wichita loses out on NCAA site again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita loses out on NCAA site again

The NCAA released sites for 2014 and 2015 this morning. No Wichita.

.....So what's the reasoning, do you think?

Comment

Looks like the NCAA has taken up the policy of giving it to the same small pool of cities that's hosted in the past and keeps giving it to them over and over and over and over again. Way to expand into new cities or cities you haven't been in a while to thank your fans.

A lot of east and west coast flare. Typical bs.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

In the article I linked it stated that Tulsa's attendance was 7th out of eight sites with 14,700-ish. What does IBA hold for basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          In the article I linked it stated that Tulsa's attendance was 7th out of eight sites with 14,700-ish. What does IBA hold for basketball?

Comment

Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

15,004 for basketball which is what the OKC Thunder vs Dallas Mavericks preseason game drew (a sell-out) in setting the Arena attendance record this year.

Comment

The BOK also holds close to 18,000 for basketball, so them only drawing 14,700 for it probably didn't help their cause, leaving the arena at only about 80% full. The NCAA likes full venues, whether they're large or smaller.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

IBA was doomed to fail at NCAA hosting before the first scoop of dirt was moved. It is too small. Epic fail AGAIN by City/County leaders.

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                    IBA was doomed to fail at NCAA hosting before the first scoop of dirt was moved. It is too small. Epic fail AGAIN by City/County leaders.

--'85.
                    They should have sized the arena based on a single event which may or may not happen every, what, 20 years? The place doesn't sell out often, which indicates they may have sized it just right.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      They should have sized the arena based on a single event which may or may not happen every, what, 20 years? The place doesn't sell out often, which indicates they may have sized it just right.
                      I disagree, for two reasons:

1) the ncaa tournament should be a goal and 15K is on the small side

2) 15K will be on the small side for Wichita in 40 years when Intrust is still Wichita's arena

If they just wouldn't have built it 15K with ability to expand but I don't think you can expand Intrust the way it is set up. Although I could be way wrong on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post

2) 15K will be on the small side for Wichita in 40 years when Intrust is still Wichita's arena

If they just wouldn't have built it 15K with ability to expand but I don't think you can expand Intrust the way it is set up. Although I could be way wrong on that.
                        Well of course YOU think the NCAA tournament which may or may not show up once every 20 years should have been a priority. LOL

How many seats do you think it should have been, and how much additional money do you think it would have cost?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Did I hear right that Evansville got a Division II regional? Maybe they could play in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post

I will be 89 years old in 40 years and wearing Depends so I really don't care. After all, this the ME generation and what is happening in the here and now, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Well of course YOU think the NCAA tournament which may or may not show up once every 20 years should have been a priority. LOL

How many seats do you think it should have been, and how much additional money do you think it would have cost?
                              Not sure what your first part of the post means exactly, apparently in the past I've been a vocal supporter of the NCAA?

Not sure how many seats it should have been, I do know NCAA talk was thrown around during the voting. Even a few years ago 15K seem on the small end for NCAA.

Not sure what is wrong with having NCAA as a goal. How would having a 2-3K more seats affect the concerts, shows they get now? My guess is it wouldn't prohibit them from still coming to Intrust.

Comment

Working...
                              X