Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockervision

Is it working for anyone?

Never mind... I guess they just waited until the tip to turn it on tonight.

Comment

Picture "better" than in the past...not great.

Comment

I was under the impression @tropicalshox: wasn't able to watch last night. Was it working properly or not?

Comment

Yes, much better than last year. They even have the score, time and fouls on it. Plus, no more replays where you miss the next play or the noise meter, really none of that. Kudos for the improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I was under the impression @tropicalshox wasn't able to watch last night. Was it working properly or not?
            Doc, Trop was trying to listen to the radio feed on his phone and couldn't. Shockervision was working fine.

Does anyone know when they post the replays ? Thanks in advance.

Comment

The only problem was they didn't start the feed until right at first tip. That and the super mega low def has only been improved to super low def.

Comment

I sent an e-mail to Boatwright after Shocker Madness asking if it could be a replay on Shockervision. No response. Now I'm wondering if any of the games are going to be replayed.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  I sent an e-mail to Boatwright after Shocker Madness asking if it could be a replay on Shockervision. No response. Now I'm wondering if any of the games are going to be replayed.
                  That would be a MAJOR backwards step for the athletic department. Shocking that you received no response on the subject. More quality care there for the fanbase that pays them..
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That it didn't include the video board in-game graphics/animations was great. The quality, however, was only marginally - if any - better than last year. The score and time remaining is too small to read well at that resolution. I hooked the feed up to my LED TV and the quality is slightly worse than my laptop screen. I don't expect ESPN3 quality, but if they could bump the resolution up one more level, I think it would be the perfect compromise between quality and bandwidth requirements.

I have a feeling their equipment is optimized for the video board, which is far enough away from the spectators that the resolution doesn't have to be very high.

Comment

The low quality picture really is disappointing, to be honest. Being out of state, I routinely buy single game internet packages from the host schools for most of our away games. The VAST majority (at least 80-90%) have a better quality picture than we do. If Shockernet was at least par for the course, it would be more acceptable to me. Unfortunately, it falls well below what seems to be the standard. I have to see the games, though, so I begrudgingly buy my subscription every year.

Comment

Working...
                      X