No announcement yet.

Shox Vs UNCC Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There may be nothing more attractive than a woman who loves WSU basketball. I would pay a hefty price to make my wife care about it like I do.

Comment

• I was impressed with what I saw.
      1. I saw the first five whip the tar out of that team. If Marshall sticks to 7 players, this team is awesome all the way through the game.
      2. Marshall didn't stick to 7 players, and the inexperience caught up to them. BUT.. Marshall coached them through it, and adjusted to the trap by sending orupke to the top to screen the second guy. It worked and they quit running it.
      3. Our boys remained calm through the steals. That series of picks was terrible to watch, but they remained calm and adjusted.
      4. FVV almost got his pocket picked a few times, but the ball might as well been a yo-yo because it kept coming back to his hand. The kid can handle the ball, I have no qualms with him running the point for a few minutes each game.
      5. Cle is our best non 7ft rebounder. Carl had som nasty looking misses, and there was a missed FT, all that got tipped back in. May not have the offensive skill set he is used to at juco but def not a liability.
      6. CJ is good. What a catch he was. I have no worries with him, except he needs to stay down low where he belongs.
      7. Nick needs to adjust quickly. If he is not careful, he could become bench buddies with Kadeem and Zack.
      8. Baker and wessel will be impact players. Baker looks as good or better than Toure ever did.
      9. Kyles, I love ya, but with cotton, we aren't lacking a jammer. That was the most impressive dunk I've seen in a while.
      10. The dance team did the same floor routine they always do, just to different music. At least they are making an effort to look like ISUr.

However, I just don't think this team can run with VCU yet. Prove me wrong!!!
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        We need to hold our TO's at 14 or under to have a chance, so whatever lineups 3G throws out there needs to have dependable handles.
        Agree, but more importantly, hold their points off turnovers below double digits.

Two years ago, we had 10 TOs and lost, but shot only 39% to their 45%.
        Last year, they had 16 points off 12 turnovers and outrebounded us 37-36 and shot 42.4%.

We need to limit their points off turnovers, even if we commit more than 12-14. We need to shoot better than 45%, which means work our offense and get open shots. We MUST rebound better than the last two years. Poor shot selection results in inadequate rebounding.

I believe we have the talent to accomplish all three things, if we play with poise and confidence.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I think what is more important than the numbers of turnovers is the turnover differential and then, of course, as @im4wsu points out the rate of effectiveness in converting those turnovers into points.

I can live with 20 Shocker turnovers and 16 VCU turnovers as long as the Shocks are equally effective in the conversion to points rate. That would be much preferred to, for example, 12 Shocker turnovers to 4 VCU tunovers with VCU converting a higher rate of the Shocker turnovers into points.

Of course, if the Shocks shoot lights out like we did at home vs UNLV you can overcome a lot. However, that's not likely to happen especially on the road.

BTW, I expect the Shocks will force significantly more than 4 turnovers.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 12, 2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• I know VCU will bring the heat, but we have the personnel & depth to cause a hint of havoc ourselves. Remember, they have to scout and prepare for us as well.

They have one game tape to prepare. The only players they might recognize
            are Hall, D-will & Cotton...that's it. There will be no mystery on our part as to what they will do & who will be doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              I know VCU will bring the heat, but we have the personnel & depth to cause a hint of havoc ourselves. Remember, they have to scout and prepare for us as well.

are Hall, D-will & Cotton...that's it. There will be no mystery on our part as to what they will do & who will be doing it.
              This /\ /\ and I think 3G was holding his cards close to his vest on Saturday. He realizes that this is a very important game.

There may be some teaching moments also - Hopefully the student (Shaka) is paying attention.

MVC - it's nice to finally agree with you on something.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                This /\ /\ and I think 3G was holding his cards close to his vest on Saturday. He realizes that this is a very important game.

There may be some teaching moments also - Hopefully the student (Shaka) is paying attention.

MVC - it's nice to finally agree with you on something.
                Maybe we will both sleep better now!!!
                lol

Comment

• [QUOTE=SHOXMVC;340947]I know VCU will bring the heat, but we have the personnel & depth to cause a hint of havoc ourselves. Remember, they have to scout and prepare for us as well.

are Hall, D-will & Cotton...that's it. There will be no mystery on our part as to what they will do & who will be doing it.[/QUSOTE]

SHOXMVC: Look for your favorite player to be at the point on the press as well as one long and quick JUCO recruit. Teams that like to press don't like to be pressed. I think our Shocks might be set to turn the tables in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                    SHOXMVC: Look for your favorite player to be at the point on the press as well as one long and quick JUCO recruit. Teams that like to press don't like to be pressed. I think our Shocks might be set to turn the tables in this game.
                    Tell me if I'm remembering wrong, but didn't Wichita State start pressing VCU into mistakes in the second half last year? I seem to remember that we were the ones causing VCU to give the ball away, and that we used that to spark our (unsuccessful) run.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                      Tell me if I'm remembering wrong, but didn't Wichita State start pressing VCU into mistakes in the second half last year? I seem to remember that we were the ones causing VCU to give the ball away, and that we used that to spark our (unsuccessful) run.
                      The game was out of hand and we started pressing. We successfully made the lead disappear, but it was too late. I think HCGM should mix in some token pressure and trap pressure in order to keep VCU off balance. We have the horses to do it.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        The game was out of hand and we started pressing. We successfully made the lead disappear, but it was too late.
                        Well we DID take the lead with 2:00 to go.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Pressing teams rarely like to be pressed.

Heard something today that lifted my hopes about our chances tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Pressing teams rarely like to be pressed.

LOL how do you sleep at night? Just wrong..... ;)
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              LOL how do you sleep at night? Just wrong..... ;)

Actually, I really don't. Last night was a good night..and it was only 3 1/2 hours. I'm pretty much in zombie state these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Pressing teams rarely like to be pressed.

That would be awesome to give em a taste of their own medicine. We have as good, if not better, athletes. Might as well go for it. We have nothing to lose.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X