THE NIGHT THE GORILLAS' MEET KING KONG AT 21ST AND HILLSIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE NIGHT THE GORILLAS' MEET KING KONG AT 21ST AND HILLSIDE

Here's the deal. We SN zealots need our Shocker fix. Monday, Monday, we CAN trust that day as the Ma's and the Pops' sang. This Exhibition Game will give us time to prepare for this exciting Season. No, this is not the home of Skull Island, but in our House Of Shock, we take care of our business. Scoring baskets against our beloved Shocks needs to be as difficult as pulling hens teeth. I want this to be the beginning of us putting together the 'best team of defenders ever' wearing the Black and Yellow. The potential is here and it must be developed and done by committee. This will be reflected in my prediction listed below.

DEFENDERS OF SHOCK--70

The Gorillas'-----------42
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

86 Shocks
    54 Gorillas

No WSU player logs more than 22 minutes. Derail scores 12 and afterwards Shockernet decides he should start instead of redshirt. Offense looks better than it is due to the number of transition baskets we get because of our defense.

Comment

I think this will be the Gorillas first game as well. Gorillas picked 4th or 5th in the MIAA, and Emporia State picked 10th. ESU lost to KU by 34 and only 11 to Tulsa before only 3,898 paid attendance (I thought more would turn out to see the DM show) Shox and Gorillas a bit sloppy for the first game, but WSU wins by a conservative 22 points with HCGM fine tuning his machine.
      Shox: 78
      Gorillas: 56

Comment

First off, I absolutely love it when @forevershockerfan starts these threads. It's just a joy to read.

Secondly, I think this might be a somewhat sloppy, but very high flying game. We will probably win by no more than 20.

Shockers 72
        'Rillas 53

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Here's the deal. We SN zealots need our Shocker fix. Monday, Monday, we CAN trust that day as the Ma's and the Pops' sang. This Exhibition Game will give us time to prepare for this exciting Season. No, this is not the home of Skull Island, but in our House Of Shock, we take care of our business. Scoring baskets against our beloved Shocks needs to be as difficult as pulling hens teeth. I want this to be the beginning of us putting together the 'best team of defenders ever' wearing the Black and Yellow. The potential is here and it must be developed and done by committee. This will be reflected in my prediction listed below.

DEFENDERS OF SHOCK--70

The Gorillas'-----------42

Wow! I don't know why, but this totally brought this song up from the depths of my memory which the beer tried to kill so many moons ago:

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Great thread!!! It is that time again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              I think this will be the Gorillas first game as well. Gorillas picked 4th or 5th in the MIAA, and Emporia State picked 10th. ESU lost to KU by 34 and only 11 to Tulsa before only 3,898 paid attendance (I thought more would turn out to see the DM show) Shox and Gorillas a bit sloppy for the first game, but WSU wins by a conservative 22 points with HCGM fine tuning his machine.
              Shox: 78
              Gorillas: 56
              This is pretty good. I am optimistically hoping for a little more scoring..... 86-64.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Wow! I don't know why, but this totally brought this song up from the depths of my memory which the beer tried to kill so many moons ago:

With yourn black belt in Kung Wu, we will all sleep well tonight in ShockerLand after that blast from your past. Yikes!!! Where did that come from baby? No, don't tell us. Me keed. As WstateU would say--when we administer the "Hair On Fire Shock the King Kong D. On Folk"--"YIPES, STRIPES, BEECHNUT GUM!!!!!!"

Comment

The thing man hopes to evolve into 78

The thing some people say man evolved from 53

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shockers 88
                      Gorillas 57

Baker with 4 treys.
                      Early with 4 blocks.

Comment

If the ShockerNet Dream Team met up with this creature that WstateU illustrated, just know that FSF plans on outrunning at least 1 of you baby!!!!!!!

Comment

I predict rapid fire substitutions and little flow. Gregg will be in the face of 12 different players and the assistants will be explaining what they did wrong. We will see potential of greatness and moments of confusion. A comfortable double digit victory allows Gregg, Chris, Greg and KT to assess game skills, who's ready and who's not. Leaders will emerge and the puzzle starts to fall in place. Some SNers will have half empty glasses, some half full. All won't be able to wait until November 10th.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I've been a bit too much tuned in to politics on Sirius during drive time of late and may have missed this, but does anyone know if Wichita's Sports Leader, 1410 KGSO, is again doing their 2 hour game day preview show as they've done for the last few years?

I'll hang up and listen off the air.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I've been a bit too much tuned in to politics on Sirius during drive time of late and may have missed this, but does anyone know if Wichita's Sports Leader, 1410 KGSO, is again doing their 2 hour game day preview show as they've done for the last few years?

I'll hang up and listen off the air.

It appears so. I remember them doing exhibition games in the past.

Comment

Working...
                              X