Mid Major Madness revisits WSU - Computer rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Major Madness revisits WSU - Computer rankings

If you have been looking into the computer rankings released this week, Wichita State's marks might have stood out to you. We are leaning toward the lower end of the projections, but a lot depends on how you look at transfers.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Ah, more bulletin board material. 3G could probably have a bonfire with the bulltien board material being provided by the pundits.

Comment

It really doesn't matter, EXCEPT that they are talking about Wichita State which is always a good thing.

In some ways, this is an important crossroads for the program. Struggle this year, and you probably don't get any off season pub for a good long while, stuck with the "prove it to us first" tagline.

However, show well, especially from the gate, and all of a sudden your a program that's to be dealt with UNTIL you proved you've fallen.

I wish we were healthy, because I am getting to the point that I want to let loose with some predictions.....but I can't do it with close to a third of our team unable to participate right now.

Comment

No doubt, the health of the team is the biggest concern I have right now. We have a full season to prove or worth, but we need our guys healthy to do that.

Comment

The reason we are all over the board on rankings is because we lost so many minutes and replace it mainly with JUCO players. JUCO players are horribly over-looked, but we got three top 50 JUCOs (two top 10) in the system. When you look at how an average top 100 JUCO performs in their first year in the MVC, what you find is that you can EXPECT 9 points and 22 mpg. Rebounds and assists vary based on position. The worst any top 100 JUCO has done scoring wise in their first year in the MVC is Myles Walker with 6.5 ppg. Next is Ben Smith with 6.7 ppg. They were ranked 84 and 61 respectively. Now granted, the sample size isn't large (10 players in the past two years), but I think it says something about the level of player we are bringing in. It's pretty darn good!
          Livin the dream

Comment

Please don't post threads about midmajoranything on this forum.

Kthx.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
            X