Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should WSU NIL “Cash Funds” be managed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Hello darkness my old friend...

Might be an unpopular opinion with this board but I think this version is better than the original.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Might be an unpopular opinion with this board but I think this version is better than the original.[/QUOTE]

...nope...this one is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Might be an unpopular opinion with this board but I think this version is better than the original.
        Absolutely, though I never was a Simon and Garfunkel fan. So I am probably showing some bias.
        Reapers version is to choir boy for me. I'll take passionate delivery of music every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Without the original this fantastic version wouldn't exist, so they both get credit. But this is the better of the two, no doubt.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Since this thread has been totally derailed by my favorite past time, I give you another " better than the original" tune.
            Bee Gees original...not bad.
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Janis killing it with the cover

Comment

Better than the original? I give to you...

and...

and...

and I know it may be blasphemy to some, but...

Last edited by SubGod22; May 3, 2024, 12:42 PM.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

And
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

And
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Watch the lyric video of "Respect" by Aretha Franklin from the album 'I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You' (1967). "Respect" was written and originally re...

The best cover ever. The end.

Comment

Another good cover

Comment

nm
                          Last edited by ventichai; May 5, 2024, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            Alston Education Awards Fund at Wichita State
                            In order to be eligible for the Alston Educational Award, student-athletes will need to meet certain academic criteria, including good academic standing and grade-point average, along with a retention policy.

Current WSU Sports who have
                            dedicated Alston Awards Funds
                            Sport Men's Women's
                            General Fund Yes Yes
                            Baseball Yes
                            Basketball Yes Yes
                            Bowling Yes
                            Cross country
                            Golf Yes
                            Softball Yes
                            Tennis Yes Yes
                            Track and Field Yes Yes
                            Volleyball Yes
                            How many dollars are we giving for Alston payments. Were not fully funding this are we? I agree with WU that setting aside dollars in the endowment, or better yet, starting a fundraising campaign for an additional 25 million to the endowment should be priority one. Of all things NIL, Alston payments is the one good thing that has come of this. Being a DI college athlete is a year round gig, there is no time for a part time job, even for walk ons. Rewarding those who stay on track to graduate makes sense and will help every program on campus with recruiting and retention.

Comment

Why would a school offer more than an average G-League contract of about $40k for a player? If a kid comes to me and says he wants more then I'd say, "That's more than they make in the G-League. If you think that's where you should be you should be talking to NBA teams and not wasting your time in college."

Sure, there are about 15 to 20 schools that will pay more than the G-League right now. But do they really believe that their coach is just as good at analyzing professional talent than a platoon of NBA scouts? Seems to me they will get burned enough times that reality will eventually start setting in.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Why would a school offer more than an average G-League contract of about $40k for a player? If a kid comes to me and says he wants more then I'd say, "That's more than they make in the G-League. If you think that's where you should be you should be talking to NBA teams and not wasting your time in college."

Sure, there are about 15 to 20 schools that will pay more than the G-League right now. But do they really believe that their coach is just as good at analyzing professional talent than a platoon of NBA scouts? Seems to me they will get burned enough times that reality will eventually start setting in.
                                The basis is the amount of revenue the program makes. The SEC schools are collecting $100 million checks each year driven 80% by football and 19% by Basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X