2024 AfterShocks and TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    I don't think there's a great incentive for truly gifted players like Shamet to play in this tournament. Same can be said for coaches although it offers a crack in the door for damaged goods.
    Even washed pros still play for fun from time to time. If there is a fun way to reconnect with some college buds, its not unreasonable.

Quincy Acy should absolutely be asked to play if he doesn't have some lingering injury (and if he has maintained some fitness).
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Marshall was the perfect coach for a player like Darral Willis and Cle. They both had the type of confidence that would make Ferris Bueller blush.

Needless to say, in a format like this, players like that are more likely to be a detriment in one way or another.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        I don't think there's a great incentive for truly gifted and wealthy players like Shamet to play in this tournament. Same can be said for coaches although it offers a crack in the door for damaged goods.
        FIFY

Comment

• Is it out of the realm of possibility that they all ( coaches and players) do it for the love of the game and a chance to have a good time with a reunion of sorts? Add the bonus if they win out. I think many more would do it if they didn't have regular jobs and families to take care of. It is basically a 3 -4 week commitment, and that would be a tough give for most.

They may even just like coming back to a cheering crowd that loves them. I don't think they get that as much overseas. But some of us are ready to discard them for someone else. I say appreciate their love and live with what they give. It's not like an NCAA championship.
          Last edited by Atxshoxfan; July 23, 2024, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
            Is it out of the realm of possibility that they all ( coaches and players) do it for the love of the game and a chance to have a good time with a reunion of sorts? Add the bonus if they win out. I think many more would do it if they didn't have regular jobs and families to take care of. It is basically a 3 -4 week commitment, and that would be a tough give for most.

They may even just like coming back to a cheering crowd that loves them. I don't think they get that as much overseas. But some of us are ready to discard them for someone else. I say appreciate their love and live with what they give. It's not like an NCAA championship.
            This post pretty much covers everything. Some former players can't take time off from what they do now and some just love getting back to Wichita and reuniting with old friends. It's also great for current players to see former players coming back. that kind of love for Shockerland can go a long ways toward retaining current players.

This year's team just didn't have an answer for a physical team playing tough D. It was hit 3's or nothing. There was no inside game. The cutters, slashers, and drivers were getting cut off.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Lufile posted a Facebook post that he needs to come back and play next year w/ the team, I wouldn't be opposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Well, at least you're being mature about it.
                But Daaaaaaad, he started it!
                Go Shocks!

Comment

• Team Colorado is now forgiven.

Go win it all, gents!
                  78-65

Comment

• Louisville has sold over 10k and counting for their matchup with La Familia (Kentucky)
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                    X