No announcement yet.

2024 AfterShocks and TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Connor's defense, he does draw double teams pretty much every time he touches the ball. We just don't have any sort of offense designed to get another shooter open when that happens. Outside of Kelly's back to back 3s it seemed like McDuffie was the only guy that could get a shot off. Colorado's defense was pretty good and we let them run way too many fast breaks.

Comment

• Need to replace Willis with Quincy Acy. Not even kidding. He's only 33.

Jeremiah Martin went into beast mode and was the only reason we were in the game late. We underutilized him the first half. Martin + McDuffie + Frankamp + Kelly + Acy could do damage with some practice time.

And Greg Heiar.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• we need at least one more dude that can consistently knock down 3s. Maybe Dex can be an option next year, he has the length, defense and all around game to be effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          we need at least one more dude that can consistently knock down 3s. Maybe Dex can be an option next year, he has the length, defense and all around game to be effective.
          Tyson should be available at some point.

Whenever Landry gets away from the NBA, he will also be a fine option.
          78-65

Comment

• Heiar or anybody who understands pro style offenses.
            Who ever thought that popping Willis out from the paint to shoot multiple treys was smoking some serious crack in practice.
            I can see maybe one or shots per game, but Willis kept popping out and shooting and shooting and shooting.
            And missing and missing and missing.

It was ugly and then got uglier and uglier. Until the outcome was decided.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Need to replace Willis with Quincy Acy. Not even kidding. He's only 33.

Jeremiah Martin went into beast mode and was the only reason we were in the game late. We underutilized him the first half. Martin + McDuffie + Frankamp + Kelly + Acy could do damage with some practice time.

And Greg Heiar.
              Give me some Echenique too instead of the other big man we had this year

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                Heiar or anybody who understands pro style offenses.
                Who ever thought that popping Willis out from the paint to shoot multiple treys was smoking some serious crack in practice.
                I can see maybe one or shots per game, but Willis kept popping out and shooting and shooting and shooting.
                And missing and missing and missing.

It was ugly and then got uglier and uglier. Until the outcome was decided.

That is all.
                Machine Gun Willis is in love with his own game. You can just see the turnovers happening once he puts the ball on the floor.

Comment

Machine Gun Willis is in love with his own game. You can just see the turnovers happening once he puts the ball on the floor.
                  I said to the people next to me... "Willis still hasn't learned he should never take the ball up the floor" right after the "dribbled" it up past half court then promptly threw it to the other team. I put dribbled in quotes because he was barely in control of the ball the entire time.

I like Willis .. when he's on .. hes REALLY good. When he's not .. he can shoot you out of a game.

Comment

• I watched the game on Saturday...was pretty unimpressed. I'm glad I missed last night's game. I'm trying to not be frustrated all year round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I said to the people next to me... "Willis still hasn't learned he should never take the ball up the floor" right after the "dribbled" it up past half court then promptly threw it to the other team. I put dribbled in quotes because he was barely in control of the ball the entire time.

I like Willis .. when he's on .. hes REALLY good. When he's not .. he can shoot you out of a game.
                      Watched the game with my wife who doesn't watch a ton of basketball and immediately said "Welp every time he touches that ball a shot goes up or it gets turned over" Was pretty spot on most of the night.

Comment

• Game Story:
                        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

we need at least one more dude that can consistently knock down 3s. Maybe Dex can be an option next year, he has the length, defense and all around game to be effective.
                          Shamet. Might be a dream but that would change everything.

Comment

• Shamet would be the best player in the tournament and it wouldn’t be particularly close imo
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I don't think there's a great incentive for truly gifted players like Shamet to play in this tournament. Same can be said for coaches although it offers a crack in the door for damaged goods.

Comment

• When Bush picked up Shaq a couple of years ago for no good reason, that was evidence that he had zero common sense. Time for Heiar to right the ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X