X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIDEO --- TBT returns to Wichita for 5th time

​​​​​​ https://www.kwch.com/2024/07/18/tbt-...hita-5th-time/

Comment

How winning, fan support have helped AfterShocks recruit non-alumni players for TBT
      https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article290201504.html#storylink=cpy​
      By Taylor Eldridge
      Updated July 18, 2024 12:18 PM

"Returning to Koch Arena every summer to play in The Basketball Tournament has obvious appeal for former Wichita State players. But with the way Shocker fans have embraced the summer basketball tournament, the second-to-none environment has made playing for the AfterShocks an attractive option for non-alumni players as well. “It gives us credibility when we try to reach out to certain guys,” AfterShocks coach Zach Bush said. “Even with guys who end up not coming, we get the same comment all the time. ‘You guys do things the right way.’ And that’s a huge credit to the fans making this the best environment in the tournament....”

image.png
      Tyrus McGee is mobbed by his AfterShocks teammates after his three pointer won the game against Team Arkansas on Sunday at The Basketball Tournament at Koch Arena.
      Travis. Heying The Wichita Eagle
      ​​​​

Comment

Comment

Comment

They've got some dudes on the team. Some of the passing and extra passes are impressive.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

How a Wichita native’s dream turned into a spot in TBT against the AfterShocks

BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE
              JULY 19, 2024 6:02 AM

"When Wichita native Tyler O’Quinn set out to make his mark in the basketball world in 2020, he never could have imagined how far he would come in less than five years....

The Wichita native will try to author the ultimate Cinderella story at noon Saturday when he will coach his team against the No. 1 seed AfterShocks, Wichita State’s own alumni team, at Koch Arena. “If we’re going on a scale from 1 to 10, I’m definitely at an 11 right now,” O’Quinn said of his excitement for Saturday’s game. “I would have never guessed what this would turn into in 2024. That’s why I say all praise be to God and I’m so thankful for this opportunity.”...

The lone member of the TBT team who has played for Midtown previously is Devon Andrews, who also played for the Wichita Sky Kings in The Basketball League. The rest of the roster features a different array of players, like recent WSU graduate Gus Okafor, a foursome of Wichita-area natives in Kaheem Ransom (Southeast), Garrius Holloman (East), Joe Petrakis (Valley Center) and Jonah Carrasco (North), a trio of Southwestern players in Cevin Clark, Andrew O’Brien and Cooper Pierce and a pair of centers in 7-footer Jonathan Hall and 6-foot-11 Bryce Cashman...."

​​

Comment

Wait, it's noon tomorrow for the AfterShocks?

Looking at ticket availability, seems likely that the crowd will be small. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Former Memphis star Jeremiah Martin playing for the Aftershox:

Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

I hated playing him .. but never really hated him. He never rubbed me the wrong way like the rest of Memphis IMO. He was just impossible to stop. Glad to see him here

Comment

• Both the Cincy and Xavier teams lost their first game in the Cincy regional

Comment

• Let's get this started! See you at the Chuck!
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• I'm outta town, will this be streamed/televised anywhere??
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            I'm outta town, will this be streamed/televised anywhere??
                            FS1 if I’m not mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

FS1 if I’m not mistaken.
                              Sweet, I'll look for it!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Sweet, I'll look for it!
                                TV schedule is at the bottom of the Jeremiah Martin story in the link posted above.
                                Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                                X