No announcement yet.

ECLIPSE!!1!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was fun here in Texas. Just enough cloud break to catch it.

And it wouldn't be Texas if there weren't people firing guns and hollering during Totality LMAO. Kid you not. ;)
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Was fun here in Texas. Just enough cloud break to catch it.

And it wouldn't be Texas if there weren't people firing guns and hollering during Totality LMAO. Kid you not. ;)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

The moon passes under the sun for us
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

What thoughts does Joerg have on the eclipse?
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              What thoughts does Joerg have on the eclipse?
              Speaking of Joerg , where is that guy anyway?

Comment

According to one of the cows on the View, climate change caused the eclipse. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  According to one of the cows on the View, climate change caused the eclipse. lol!
                  That cannot be true. My b.s. detector is fully pegged.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

“The View” co-host Sunny Hostin blamed Monday’s solar eclipse, Friday’s earthquake and the expected cicada breeding season on “climate change.”

“All those things together would maybe lead one to believe that either climate change exists or something is really going on,” she said Monday.

A 4.8-magnitude earthquake was felt across New York and New Jersey on Friday; on Monday, the highly anticipated solar eclipse swept across the continental U.S.
                    “The View” co-host Sunny Hostin blamed Monday’s solar eclipse, Friday’s earthquake and the expected cicada breeding season on “climate change.”

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Probably still need to 'view' the entire segment, because like you, something seems off. I can't believe someone that graduated law school doesn't understand an eclipse.

FFS Whoopi CANNOT be the voice of reason.......

Comment

The Moon 'Is Made Up Mostly of Gases,' Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee Tells Students

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spence...f-gas-n2637543

Speaking on Monday at an event she claims to have "created" at Booker T. Washington High School in her Houston-area district, she tried to provide some scientific explanation for the solar system's workings — but any students who listened are going to fail Astronomy 101.

"You have the energy of the moon at night," Jackson Lee tried explaining to attendees, seeming to misunderstand that the moon doesn't release energy at night, it is merely reflecting light from the sun.

"And sometimes you've heard the word 'full moon,'" she continued. "Sometimes you need to take the opportunity just to come out and see a full moon," which the graduate of Yale explained is a "complete rounded circle which is made up mostly of gases."

The term "Dumber than a box of moon rocks" comes to mind.

Comment

If true, that's insane.

An eclipse is a naturally occurring phenomenon that is known of years in advance because of, you know, science.

Cicada's also have a well known pattern and we know when they're going to do their thing because of, you know, science.

I guess you can try and make an argument for earthquakes, but I'm not entirely sure how. I suppose you could somehow maybe argue that all of the drilling and such for oil and gas somehow disrupts the inner workings of the earth and lead to them. I'm not sure entirely where the science is on that. I know there's a lot of blame thrown at fracking and such for earthquakes in certain areas.

But even giving her that, she could be 1 our of 3 which is only a good percentage in baseball/softball.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            The Moon 'Is Made Up Mostly of Gases,' Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee Tells Students

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That's it. I'm installing a toilet chair in my living room.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I thought the moon was made out of spare ribs.

Comment

Working...
                                X