Credit where it's due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit where it's due

The athletic department catches a lot of flack on this board, sometimes rightfully so. I've criticized them myself for certain things so I think it's only fair that I acknowledge when they do something well. I received information about the Recent Graduate Program through email tonight and I couldn't be more happy. Check out the link, this idea is truly brilliant. Koch arena should see an influx of young energetic people which is exactly what it needs. I could go on and on about how incredible this is but I won't. Thank you Gregg Marshall and the WSU athletic department. I'm getting my tickets immediately (assuming there are any left).

Last edited by pie n eye; October 11, 2012, 11:46 PM. Reason: Fixed the hyperlink

Not enough notice has been given to this. Incredible idea. Well done, university. I hope it is well-received and well-used.

Comment

I believe this was one of matt batys projects before he went into the private sector. Seems to be gaining some traction and having success.... Great job!

Comment

I'm not sure how long they've been doing this, but it's more than just a few weeks, maybe within the last year at the most. They didn't get the word out too well about it, but the business model makes sense. Don't advertise it until all the "regular priced" season tickets are taken, then push at the end for the cheaper ticket purchases. I found out about it through a friend I'm on the young alumni council with. Amazing program, and I agree, it will get some energetic, younger Shocker fans in the arena.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

That's interesting the program has been around that long. I would have bought tickets sooner had I known because I was considering paying the full price anyways. Understandably they want to sell at the highest price possible. Even though I got in on the tail end I still ended up with some pretty good seats. Can't say how excited I am to have a seat locked up for every home game. Now I don't have to show up at 530 to tailgate and still find a good spot!

Comment

Secured 2 tickets for myself tonight and through the word of mouth was able to get a couple of others I know to sign up for 2 tickets each. This is a fantastic promotion and as stated the athletic department needs to be applauded.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Yup for first time since I have graduated I was able to afford 2 tickets for myself
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I was in Koch yesterday for work, and stuck my head in the arena to see what was up. I think they were selling the remaining season tickets. There really weren't many left from the looks of it. They had white paper on the seats which I assumed were still available, and it looked pretty scarce.

Awesome to see people on ShockerNet taking advantage of the program.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

It should be very close to a sell out for the season. Whats amazing is that this is happening after we have graduated 10 starters and top reserves over the last two years and the enthusiasm for this year is so high. Go Shocks

Comment

This year is going to be electric. I can already tell.

Comment

Working...
                    X