RICE (11-17, 5-10), at WSU (12-17, 4-12) GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RICE (11-17, 5-10), at WSU (12-17, 4-12) GAME THREAD

Here's some archive history to review concerning Rice, Rice, baby. One of the loudest games ever at 21st. and Hillside was a Dance NCAA game versus big and rough and tough Iowa. If I recall, Lew Dew was their coach. Low behold was Scott Thompson, an assistant. The game was a nail bitter but a unexpected break occurred when a time out was called which they didn't have coming. So a technical foul occurred. I don’t remember all of the details other than Randy Smithson fell over backwards with a throw that rimmed in. Shockers win and later also beat KU.

Years later, Scott Thompson got the head coach job at Rice and later had a 20 game winning Season which was a first at Rice.. Out the rotating coaches door goes Mike Cohen and in comes Scott Thompson. We thanked him for not remembering to help warn Lew about the time out situation in the Iowa game. One thing that Scott did do was change the clapping at the beginning of games to end when our foes finally scored instead of the Shocks scoring.

We need an AAC Shocker winning streak right now against Rice. WIN SHOCKERS.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Ticket! Ticket! Ticket! Everybody please fasten your seatbelts for the last roller coaster thrill ride of the season at Charles Koch Arena!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Jacob Germany is not being honored for Senior Night. That’s odd. He clearly is in his last year of eligibility.

Never mind. Saw explanation in other thread.
      78-65

Comment

Pretty pass from Cortes to Rogers.

Comment

Does anybody else have an issue with ESPN app where it plays for about 15 seconds then jumps back in time over and over?

Comment

Then 15 seconds later it skips back to live. Then 15 seconds later jumps back. Then live. Over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Does anybody else have an issue with ESPN app where it plays for about 15 seconds then jumps back in time over and over?
              No issues on my end
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Roger's still hot. Rice does well passing the rock.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

No issues on my end
                  Think it might be my new LG tv.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Roger's still hot. Rice does well passing the rock.
                    Yeah they may carve us up in this one. We are gonna have to shoot very well today
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Rogers AND Ridgnal going off!

Comment

Good shooting covers up a multitude of sins.

Comment

Do we coach defense? Is it something they cover at practice? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Our Defense is so bad we have to shoot 100% from three to stay even. Not a bad crowd and plenty loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Stop button mashing
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X