X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postseason

What will we do this postseason?
    The Assman

Who are these guys that said NCAA. Were they out drinking after last nights game

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
      Who are these guys that said NCAA. Were they out drinking after last nights game
      The same yellow kool-aide that 90% of the posters on this board drink. Reaching the NCAA tournament is a BIG stretch at this point in the season. Nobody on the selection committee is going to think of our quality wins when we tank games at ISU (IL) and ISU (IN).

Comment

It seems to me you are assuming making the NCAA means getting an at-large bid.

We know what this team is capable of and we are talking about the unpredictable MVC, so winning the conference tournament could possibly get us into the NCAA. At least, I think it still works that way. :roll:

Comment

This team is capable of making the NCAA. Right now there are at least 2 possible ways to get it:
          1. Finish strong (i.e. 8-2 in the last 10 games) for an at-large bid
          2. Win the MVC tourney for an outright bid
          There may be a chance if we finish 10-8 in the conference and reach the MVC championship game. But it's only a chance, not a guaranty.
          :clap:
          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP
            This team is capable of making the NCAA. Right now there are at least 2 possible ways to get it:
            1. Finish strong (i.e. 8-2 in the last 10 games) for an at-large bid
            2. Win the MVC tourney for an outright bid
            There may be a chance if we finish 10-8 in the conference and reach the MVC championship game. But it's only a chance, not a guaranty.
            :clap:
            Yes, that is possible but how probable is that?
            1. I would like to see us go 4-2 before we could have any hope of 10-2.
            2. When was the last time we played well in the MVC tourney? Won it?

Of course it can happen, but after watching the game last night it does seem like a tough battle to say the least!

Comment

I believe this team has a chance to make a run in the MVC Tourny. We seem to not get up for games against weak opponents and think that those games mean less than games against, say, LSU or Creighton. When the season is actually "on the line" and the games mean more in the Valley Tourny, then our Shox will turn it up a notch.
              :goshocks:
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I proudly drink the yellow kool aid.

Comment

I am also still gladly drinking the yellow kool aid, even if it has tasted pretty bad lately.

Comment

mine tastes like pee.....yet I still drink.
                    That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

All the way------To the NCAA-----
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
                        mine tastes like pee.....yet I still drink.
                        How do you know what pee tastes like? Just askin'.

Comment

Working...
                        X