• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TULSA (13-125, 4-9) at WICHITA STATE (10-16, 2-11) Pregame Discussion

Wednesday, Feb. 21 | 8:00 p.m.
    Wichita, Kan. | Charles Koch Arena

TV: ESPNU
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM with Mike Kennedy & Dave Dahl

Loss. Sorry, I have to put it out there. Things got bad last game, and I expect the trend will continue. Positive is I think we’ll see more of our roster played than normal.

Comment

Keep turnovers under 10 and we can win. We just aren’t good enough to cover up that many mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
        Loss. Sorry, I have to put it out there. Things got bad last game, and I expect the trend will continue. Positive is I think we’ll see more of our roster played than normal.
        But will the players have fun?

Comment

The 22 point turn around in the 2nd half at Tulsa led by Haggerty . (14-14 throws) and Williams had us more irritated than a wet hen..The disparity on throws attempts was 24 to 3 which hit us like a hurricane. The loss results went deeper than just free throws. They beat us 8-2 on steals and they made 5 more 3s.

Speaking of the subject of 3s, there's more.. DR and Colby combined for 6-12. That's good, right? No, because the rest of the 3 point story is bad,, very bad.. The rest of our Shockers shooting 3s that game went 0-9. Ouch!

Here's the rub. The Shocks will avenge this nightmare of the past with a surpass of a 21 point win. As fans, even a 1pt.
          win will do because the Shockers are past due for some winnable games including this one..

WSU. 86

Tulsa 65
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

They will win this one but it won't stop the bleeding long run. Juice boxes for everyone though.

Comment

Paul's Mills may not think the season is going so bad. After all, this may be Wichita State's worst season according to KenPom (#162 in the country), but it among his better seasons as a coach. His teams have 290, 236 twice, 165, 162 this season, and 135, 125, 72. Keep in mind, Isaac Brown's worst year was last year where we went 102.

As far as Mills is concerned, this might be a good team. Not having to start in the 200s might be fun by comparison.

Comment

Shocks match up well with this team. Should win, at home...

Comment

It's at home, so there's a chance. But I wouldn't put any money on it.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Predicting a win and fools thumping their chests claiming we can win it all in Ft Worth

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                      Paul's Mills may not think the season is going so bad. After all, this may be Wichita State's worst season according to KenPom (#162 in the country), but it among his better seasons as a coach. His teams have 290, 236 twice, 165, 162 this season, and 135, 125, 72. Keep in mind, Isaac Brown's worst year was last year where we went 102.

As far as Mills is concerned, this might be a good team. Not having to start in the 200s might be fun by comparison.
                      I’m positive he knows this season is going horrible. Because if he’s not, then he’s got to be deaf (everybody’s shouting it) and blind (more seats going empty), and at that point, are we allowed to fire the coach given the disability act?

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

There's been a lot of stupid **** on this board lately, but this takes the cake.

Comment

I think HCPM follows the mantra of "praise in public, criticize in private" that is common in many areas. We will likely have little to no idea of what is being said in the privacy of practice and meetings. If he were to start saying publicly that we suck and start calling players out individually in public, would it create any change for the better with the team? I think we got so used to 3Gs highly visible anger and frustration being on display that it became our norm and expectation, and we continue to carry that forward. Just my personal observation, which in the grand scheme means little to anyone except me.

As for the team performance, my frustration lies in the apparent effort levels. I could honestly live with a losing record and poor performance on offense and even some mental miscues IF I were seeing constant effort on the other things - rebounding, defense, and straight up hustle. And I say that knowing how hard it is to keep battling at the highest level when a season is so badly in the toilet. One would think at least at the individual level players would want to perform as best as possible to better their chances in the portal, but maybe some of them just think they see the writing on the wall there too. If I were a coach with a team struggling like this, one angle I might use to encourage would be this: "Let's go F up some other teams seasons and watch someone else feel some anguish."
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

if we lose this one, do we have to play on Tuesday in Texas?

Comment

If we don't win 2 out of 3 remaining home games then we're truly as bad as we btch about. There's simply no exagerration going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X