Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mekel makes an appearance

Haaaaallll! Coooootton! Baaaaaaker!

They should let me emcee the introductions just one night. That's all I ask.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Oh and Meeeeeekel!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Tekel Cotton is the silent assasin, but I bleieve his play this year will speak volumes.

Tekele Cotton sometimes seems out of place in pickup games because he never says a word and most of the Shockers chirp away. You don’t notice him, until he starts making plays.

Comment

Nick Wiggins is a blur
          . Had to laugh at this! Got to luv it!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Things we don't do often:
            1) Pick and Roll
            2) Pick and Pop
            3) High/Low
            4) Dribble Drive

Things I would like to see more often:
            1) Pick and Roll
            2) Pick and Pop
            3) High/Low
            4) Dribble Drive
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by black&yellow View Post
              Tekel Cotton is the silent assasin, but I bleieve his play this year will speak volumes.

Tekele Cotton sometimes seems out of place in pickup games because he never says a word and most of the Shockers chirp away. You don’t notice him, until he starts making plays.
              There is no flake on his game, I noticed last year. I consider Cotton to be an ACC level type athlete/basketball player. Jay Bilas was right about him.. I don't know how he knew it, but he did

Comment

If I remember rIght he called him a tough guard. That one line was the only recruiting info online about Telke.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Tekele and Carl remind me of the classic SIU players during their Sweet Sixteen bookends run.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    If I remember rIght he called him a tough guard. That one line was the only recruiting info online about Telke.
                    I think it was during the Wichita State-UConn game. He said something to the effect that Wichita State was looking very good for the future, especially after signing talented guard from Atlanta (?!) area, Tekele Cotton. Very glowing (gold), but surprising at the time, and somewhat odd sounding, because there was never much written about him, then or now. How did he know that? But wasn't Tekele a kind of afterthought, role type guy signee? Something like that?

Either Cotton was downplayed around here or Jay Bilas is a master scout buddha, everywhere at all times.

Comment

The Shockers got Cotton right after, and it's probably correct to think in place of Chatman, who went to Creighton. He is Chad Dollar's contribution to our recruiting success. I'm sure the recruiting gurus saw Cotton during AAU games and must of impressed them some, but not enough to be written about in their articles. The one quote I mentioned above was on Twitter. I'm not positive which of the scouts wrote it when he commited to the Shockers.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        Tekele and Carl remind me of the classic SIU players during their Sweet Sixteen bookends run.
                        Couldn't agree more. They have the style, skill set, and appearance of Darren Brooks (6-3 205) and Randal Falker (6-7, 235 with dreads).
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Falk that guy. Randal Falker...

Comment

I was really surprised about Mekel stopping in. I always had the impression that things weren't jiving here and that might have played a part in him going ahead and leaving. I must be wrong about that if he came back for a visit. It's cool that he is doing so well and bestowing some high end practice time on our guys :)

Comment

Agree. A class act. Just reinforces the adage that, "Once a Shocker, always a Shocker."

Comment

Working...
                              X