No announcement yet.

Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach T and Coach Marshall turned this Program around. They both had a tough 1st Season. Still, as a SN poster I second guessed some of their choices here on SN as I have HCPM. Even so, I'm for him being successful. This past Season, our Shockers did good on Non Con until the tough games started, but about what I thought. The AAC performance was below most projections, especially mine. The Shocks finish at the tourney for sure was a ray of hope for next Season to improve.

HCPM is a man of faith and seems to care about all of his players and a good influence, probably among the best of them which is also important. Thus, I'm hoping he makes wise recruiting and roster moves for a much improved next Season.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I’ve changed my tune on a total roster overhaul the past couple weeks. The guys seem like they actually are coachable and I’ve seen big improvements in a lot of their games. At this point, I think Abbide is probably the most likely to leave (to a small school with playing time available). That gives us 2 open schollies, which we need to use on big men, IMO, guys that can play the 4 or 5.

Comment

• Many of you think QB will be lured away. If that happens KP's stock rises quite a bit. He has averaged 9 ppg and 6 rpg over the past two seasons and has been loyal to the program. Increasing his PT to 30 minutes per game from 22 should raise his output to around 14 ppg and 8-9 rpg. That is very respectable. He had twice as many assists as QB and is an excellent passer. I am aware of his flaws and he needs to muscle up / toughen up more during the off season. That's where Acy comes in building a stronger more confident post up player. I don't know how many times I noticed his team mates missing him wide open this season - it was a bunch. Having said all that I hope they both stay. I can understand QB or CR going for more $$. That is more than okay as I probably would too if it was enough but it could well end up back firing on them with a higher profile team/conference.

Comment

• I still don't think you can go into next year with 7 (or maybe more depending on portal pickups) players in their last year of eligibility. If we were a good team this year, I'd say it might be worth it for a deep tourney run, but I think your ceiling next year is NIT or maybe bubble team if you bring everyone back. Then you are hard resetting in year 3.

Going to need to figure out a couple of the 7 you think you can recruit over and do that.

Comment

• I don’t think QB will leave. He was wasting away at Florida State. WSU took a flyer on him and he finally became a force under Quincy Acy’s tutelage. He has 1 year left to improve his stock. Throwing away a sure thing (development and minutes) could be a big risk for him. Not gonna say the same thing about Rogers. A ton of teams would throw him the corner and let him shoot threes. Is that best for his development? No, but he’s already played at 3 schools, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him jump again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              I still don't think you can go into next year with 7 (or maybe more depending on portal pickups) players in their last year of eligibility. If we were a good team this year, I'd say it might be worth it for a deep tourney run, but I think your ceiling next year is NIT or maybe bubble team if you bring everyone back. Then you are hard resetting in year 3.

Going to need to figure out a couple of the 7 you think you can recruit over and do that.
              You try to recruit over, but don’t kick them to the curb because you may strike out. I’d rather bring in some sophomores that can take minutes from the returning seniors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

You try to recruit over, but don’t kick them to the curb because you may strike out. I’d rather bring in some sophomores that can take minutes from the returning seniors.
                Delicate balance. Can't recruit over them without a scholarship. So you really have to make the call early

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Delicate balance. Can't recruit over them without a scholarship. So you really have to make the call early
                  Remember when people facetiously wondered if Gregg knew how to count to 13?
                  78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Hope Cortes returns. If that's not the case then we have to find 2 ready to go PGs. We cannot repeat the same A/TO attrocities and hope to improve.
                    There were many times this season where I would have sooner launched Cortes into orbit than want him back another year. But he looked a lot better the last few weeks. Maybe wild thing got some contact lenses.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

There were many times this season where I would have sooner launched Cortes into orbit than want him back another year. But he looked a lot better the last few weeks. Maybe wild thing got some contact lenses.
                      Or, maybe he was coached up.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Curious who is excluded from the “bulk”.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Well, today is the day the new season really starts for us. We will see who jumps into the portal first.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Curious who is excluded from the “bulk”.
                              Pretty sure it is saying that the bulk of the roster from this year can return. Meaning everyone except Ridgnal & Germany as they are out of eligibility. I wouldnt read anything into that comment.
                              Last edited by shockerfan; March 18, 2024, 07:23 AM.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Pretty sure it is saying that the bulk of the roster this year can return. Meaning everyone except Ridgnal & Germany as they are out of eligibility. I wouldnt read anything into that comment.
                                The senior class is way too heavy atm. Something has to be done there

Comment

Working...
                                X