No announcement yet.

Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that the season is over, I predict quite a few announcements from the team in the next few weeks.

Given Rogers' performance over the last few weeks, I predict a lot of teams coming after him hard.

Ballard will be a target, too.

Beyond that, who knows. Some players may just want to move on to a different scene.

Let's see if Mills can make some chicken salad out of chickenshit.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

First time we've won more than 1 game in the conference tournament since Marshall was our coach.
      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
        First time we've won more than 1 game in the conference tournament since Marshall was our coach.
        While true. Not the first time we made it to Friday. Got an extra win from playing on Wednesday which didn't exist before this year

Comment

UAB had some solid recruits from Jucos. Hint, Hint, Hint.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            I believe USF did also

Comment

If they don’t replace SMU, wonder how a 13 team bracket will look? Still have a bottom 4 play-in game?

Comment

Agree with a lot of what was said. Just a strange year. Knocking off Memphis is just funny. They don't get to dance. That's not necessarily a change or adaptation in coaching or anything, it's just karma. Memphis...Don't do stupid $#!+, and don't get $#!+ on. Just be better. Speaking of be better. That one game, while certainly a cathartic moment for shocker fans, is not an indicator that the current squad suddenly learned how to dribble, defend, box out, and take/ make shots. And while the motivation and fight were there to knock off Memphis, it was still an aberration. Gumption will only carry you for so long. WSU needs skilled players. Players that can defend, that have quickness, bbiq, aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnd the ability to make shots. My thoughts haven't changed from January. I still like Ballard. I like Rogers. I think Beverly can provide something. Everyone else is backup, and the Shocks need a traditional starting lineup, starting at the point, and not just because we have been blessed to watch guys like Armstead, Fernandez (who left), Fred, Landry, Porter, Conner and even Austin. I'm hoping for change.

Comment

If you listen to Taylor’s tweet of mills in post game, it sounds like Mills is trying to nicely say that he’ll be looking to make some changes. He wants to find the best thing for each player, “whatever that may be”. I think he knows that stuff needs to change.

Comment

Press conference with Wichita State head coach Paul Mills, Xavier Bell and Harlond Beverly after the Shockers' 72-60 loss to UAB in the quarterfinals of the ...

post game presser. Interesting listen. HCPM mentions several times how old and experienced they are going to be next year. X isn’t going anywhere. Doesn’t seem like Bev is either.

Comment

My biggest fear is that we will only have the one scholarship to use in the portal. I think IA should check out the portal. I wish KP would go in the portal. Beside that I wouldn't be surprised if everyone returns. Mamba and Joy may surprise me. I think HCPM will have to tell someone to leave and I don't think he will do that. I really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        Don't have to look or even travel far

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb2p61iYWdk

post game presser. Interesting listen. HCPM mentions several times how old and experienced they are going to be next year. X isn’t going anywhere. Doesn’t seem like Bev is either.
                          That presser was light years better than Memphis. Both coach and players. Also liked UAB's.

Comment

Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                            My biggest fear is that we will only have the one scholarship to use in the portal. I think IA should check out the portal. I wish KP would go in the portal. Beside that I wouldn't be surprised if everyone returns. Mamba and Joy may surprise me. I think HCPM will have to tell someone to leave and I don't think he will do that. I really hope I'm wrong.
                            If my count is right, we had 1 scholarship not used plus Ridgnal and Germany graduating. That's 3. I think Abidde may move on for more playing time.

This is guess work, but Mamba and Joy may feel they have been recruited over in TJ and Zion as they play the same positions and that one is a local all-state player and the other player's coach being a former Shocker player.

That could mean as many as 6 new players without any other movement.

Comment

In my count we only have one scholarship as TJ and Zion have claim to Germany and DR's. That means 3 new players. Everything else is an if. If I had my IF'S there would be at least 8 new players. But as I said my fear is that everyone will stay and we will only have one as of yet unidentified player.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                                If you listen to Taylor’s tweet of mills in post game, it sounds like Mills is trying to nicely say that he’ll be looking to make some changes. He wants to find the best thing for each player, “whatever that may be”. I think he knows that stuff needs to change.
                                HCPM may not have had a great year, but I definitely don't think he lacks awareness.

Comment

Working...
                                X