Southern Miss Game help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Miss Game help

Hey guys and gals, coming to Wichita from Chicago for the Southern Miss game at Intrust. I misplaced the code that was sent to me so I could order the tickets early and get the 5 bucks off. Can someone please send me the code and also tell me the date that I can order the tickets. Thanks.
    Professional gas passer.

What level of SASO membership are you in?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
      Hey guys and gals, coming to Wichita from Chicago for the Southern Miss game at Intrust. I misplaced the code that was sent to me so I could order the tickets early and get the 5 bucks off. Can someone please send me the code and also tell me the date that I can order the tickets. Thanks.
      I think you'd do better by asking the Athletic Department for the code rather than asking someone who got it to post it on the Internet for the entire world to see.

Have the Athletic Department resend it to you.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I have been out of the loop somewhat. Is the So. Miss. at IBA game going to be an extra ticket outside the season ticket package? I don't recall seeing anything from SASO or the Athletic Dept. on it.

--'85.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Yes it is. If you are a SASO member tickets went on sale today. You should have received a letter.

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
            Early buy code is "Shocker" for today and they go on sale to the public tomorrow. There is courtside baseline seats available for $99 each. Damn, wish I had a little more money to score those. Overall the ticket prices are a little less this year.
            Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; October 4, 2012, 09:22 PM.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Orderd my tickets today. Think I got some good seats in Section 115 in the lower bowl. Only negative is the $10.25/ticket convenience fee for ordering off the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                Orderd my tickets today. Think I got some good seats in Section 115 in the lower bowl. Only negative is the $10.25/ticket convenience fee for ordering off the internet.
                With the $5 presale discount, you at least slashed that in half. Unfortunately, IBA presales, and any arena in the country for that matter, are 99% of the time internet and/or phone only, which means per ticket fees.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  With the $5 presale discount, you at least slashed that in half. Unfortunately, IBA presales, and any arena in the country for that matter, are 99% of the time internet and/or phone only, which means per ticket fees.
                  well when you are buying 4 tickets it become $42. It is just like all the other fees people charge such as airline baggage fees, trash company gas fee offset, etc - what are you going to do? You either pay spend gas, time and money to go down to the arena or just not go. They have priced it just enough that they know most people will just suck it up and pay it - but I still don't like it.

Comment

I will just add a little bit to convenience or service fees. Fever is exactly right, these fees aren't going away and are pretty standard everywhere. Anymore, rather than complain about them, just factor them into the price per ticket.

Here is a little nugget that is also possibly a sign of things to come. Bob Dylan is coming to Omaha. This is a paperless concert. In other words, you must buy your tickets online and you do not print a ticket, either. Your physical credit card is your ticket. If you buy four seats, all four people must go together. This saves paper and is an attempt to Eliminate scalping.

I would go to Dylan, but that credit card, no ticket deal made me leery, I'm just not ready for that. In a few years it might become commonplace, though.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

They had an option to deliver tickets to your phone....which intrigued me. But I wasn't quite ready for that - but I would be nice having that option for WSU basketball and baseball tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        I will just add a little bit to convenience or service fees. Fever is exactly right, these fees aren't going away and are pretty standard everywhere. Anymore, rather than complain about them, just factor them into the price per ticket.

Here is a little nugget that is also possibly a sign of things to come. Bob Dylan is coming to Omaha. This is a paperless concert. In other words, you must buy your tickets online and you do not print a ticket, either. Your physical credit card is your ticket. If you buy four seats, all four people must go together. This saves paper and is an attempt to Eliminate scalping.

I would go to Dylan, but that credit card, no ticket deal made me leery, I'm just not ready for that. In a few years it might become commonplace, though.
                        Believe it or not, this is not new and pretty commonplace (at least in Omaha) right now. My wife and I purchased tickets to several shows (the Red Hot Chili Peppers being the most recent example) and it was the same ticketless ticket thing. Don't be afraid of it - it is pretty slick and keeps prices down by blocking the scalpers.

Strange but true - this all started with Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus. Brokers bought up all of those tickets and sold them for a mint. Cyrus and her people got upset that the little girls that wanted to come see her were getting priced out so they came out with the whole ticketless/credit card deal. Other major touring acts liked the idea of squeezing out the scalpers and have followed suit. I think of the major, national touring acts to hit Omaha in the last two years, about 75% of them have decided to go this route. I assumed it was a national trend.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          well when you are buying 4 tickets it become $42. It is just like all the other fees people charge such as airline baggage fees, trash company gas fee offset, etc - what are you going to do? You either pay spend gas, time and money to go down to the arena or just not go. They have priced it just enough that they know most people will just suck it up and pay it - but I still don't like it.
                          As MVJ stated, it's pretty commonplace. You pay for convenience now. But unlike airline baggage fees, trash company fees, etc, at least you still have the option to avoid it altogether. And if you think the fees are bad here, you better just be happy that we aren't in a Ticketmaster region.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

You're exactly right on all points. And actually, paperless tickets have been implemented here. The Eric Church concert is using this method currently.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Dang it!! I forgot to scoop 'em up earlier! Oh well I just got mine, thanks for the reminder folks.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X