Drastic Idea-Work with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    1) A project like this ain't happening when we're still paying millions to multiple former coaches, and 2) I wouldn't put the NIL collective in charge of anything at the moment.
    Notice I didn’t say Armchair…maybe Evan will start one.

Comment

This all seems like a fantastic idea, which is why I have little confidence in it happening.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Kung is on board.

But ... please for the sake of my sanity visit the luxury boxes at Sporting KC's facility (Children's Mercy Park), and see what the end product should look like.

As an aside: If you know someone that knows someone, see if you they'll give you a tour of the owner's suite -- it is next level. Maybe with some clever Googling you can find a pic of it.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

But ... please for the sake of my sanity visit the luxury boxes at Sporting KC's facility (Children's Mercy Park), and see what the end product should look like.

As an aside: If you know someone that knows someone, see if you they'll give you a tour of the owner's suite -- it is next level. Maybe with some clever Googling you can find a pic of it.
          Post some pics. I’m lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            1) A project like this ain't happening when we're still paying millions to multiple former coaches, and 2) I wouldn't put the NIL collective in charge of anything at the moment.
            I agree about NIL collectives being in charge of anything. That's a non-starter in my brain.

But I don't think you have been paying attention to how much moolah has been rolling into Wichita State lately. We aren't the second largest school in the state without reason.

Thinking we don't have the money to renovate is really the old you thinking about the school you attended. This is no longer the school we attended. It's far more now. We have been putting up top notch building after building after building the past decade. If Koch Arena -- arguably the most important building on campus from a marketing perspective-- can be improved to drive substantial corporate revenue and excitement, that breathes new life into the program and gets the NIL, SASO, and blah blah donor juices flowing. It puts pressure on the coach to perform as well, and if he can't he'll be replaced quickly with someone who will. Remember the State of Kansas owns most of Wichita State's buildings and tax payers funded the holy hell out of KU's football stadium -- while they were one of the worst football teams in the country for far too many years. The funds are there, if the vision and the story is.

Comment

I doubt you'll find any. Not sure they really want you posting any, but if I get some time I might post a pic. :)

Comment

Also the boot room isn't a big deal to the casual dude, but it'll make your private parts tingle when you walk in if you played ball or flat love pro soccer.

Comment

And the first idea has been officially floated to shrink the capacity of the arena... lol

Good God the ways of the herd are predictable.

Let's turn the Roundhouse and all its legacy into a library because... We're Wichita!

Small-minded mother****ers.

This program is in DEEP ****.

BJ must be laughing their asses off.

Why am I posting again?

OUT!
                  Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; January 26, 2024, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Just read a few posts in the thread.

No wait! Let's go get some ideas from a soccer stadium.

****ING SOCCER???

LLLMMFFF....

Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuut!

Comment

I agree about NIL collectives being in charge of anything. That's a non-starter in my brain.

But I don't think you have been paying attention to how much moolah has been rolling into Wichita State lately. We aren't the second largest school in the state without reason.

Thinking we don't have the money to renovate is really the old you thinking about the school you attended. This is no longer the school we attended. It's far more now. We have been putting up top notch building after building after building the past decade. If Koch Arena -- arguably the most important building on campus from a marketing perspective-- can be improved to drive substantial corporate revenue and excitement, that breathes new life into the program and gets the NIL, SASO, and blah blah donor juices flowing. It puts pressure on the coach to perform as well, and if he can't he'll be replaced quickly with someone who will. Remember the State of Kansas owns most of Wichita State's buildings and tax payers funded the holy hell out of KU's football stadium -- while they were one of the worst football teams in the country for far too many years. The funds are there, if the vision and the story is.
                      Listen I hope you're right but I'm highly sceptical. And I understand the school and campus today. My son will be a freshman attending out of state in the fall.

Comment

Also the boot room isn't a big deal to the casual dude, but it'll make your private parts tingle when you walk in if you played ball or flat love pro soccer.
                        Nothing about this post sounded heterosexual. And there's NOTHING wrong with that!

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

****ING SOCCER???

LLLMMFFF....

Even a soccer stadium stirs a great debate at WSU. Lol.. I’ve been hearing it will most likely be women’s soccer so they can increase the number of womens sports, why would they do that unless they were interested in eventually bringing back football? It just seems strange. Nobody at WSU is so much as whispering football, yet we are suddenly motivated to add more women’s sports? Just sayin, if football is truly never coming back to WSU, might as well add mens soccer also

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Even a soccer stadium stirs a great debate at WSU. Lol.. I’ve been hearing it will most likely be women’s soccer so they can increase the number of womens sports, why would they do that unless they were interested in eventually bringing back football? It just seems strange. Nobody at WSU is so much as whispering football, yet we are suddenly motivated to add more women’s sports? Just sayin, if football is truly never coming back to WSU, might as well add mens soccer also
                            If we added football I would buy season tickets to women's soccer right now.

I would never attend a single game, but I would buy the tickets every year.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

****ING SOCCER???

LLLMMFFF....

Yeah, you know the one. The one that houses the team that Patrick Mahommes part owns. But ****ING FOOTBALL players, amirite????

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Comment

Yeah, you know the one. The one that houses the team that Patrick Mahommes part owns. But ****ING FOOTBALL players, amirite????

LMAOLMAOLMAO
                                LoL!

Is Patrick Mahomes a Communist? Maybe he needed a tax write-off.

For the record: I have nothing against Soccer in America as long as it's primary played by children. I played in the AYSO as a wee tot and I can still taste the delicious orange slice treats.

I will also allow an exemption for indoor soccer in America as long as it's played by men with British accents. Those boys used to REALLY bang at the Kansas Cow Palace. Stormin' Norman Piper was a GOD AMIRITE or AM I RITE!??

As a child, I used to think those funny talking, long-haired dudes were aliens. They might actually have been with respect to citizenship lol. I was star struck! My kinda border crossers!

CB: "Indoor soccer was NOT gay in the 80's".

No idea now.

Hockey was my favorite sport next to college basketball and they went gay. Now college bball is "pay for play"... which is pretty gay.

The End.

Comment

Working...
                                X