Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    A bleak picture of the Shockers:

Wichita State was one of the best mid-major teams last season, but the bulk of that team has moved on. Packed with transfer and young players, can the remaining pieces of last year's squad combine to make the Shockers a contender again in the MVC?

If you don' know about Baker, Wiggins, Early and Lufile you might agree.
    I respected that goon's opinion until I saw he listed Evansville as a title contender and ahead of us. After reading that, the author lost all credibility.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Mid-major what? Why are you people reading such ****?

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Malcolm?
        I was thinking Carl Hall, thats 1 guy I wouldnt wanna piss off lol
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
          My first thought about Benjamin Miraski might be somewhat inconsiderate. I'm sure he brushes his teeth and feeds the dog. He might be able to read but I have my doubts. :strawberry:
          "Benjamin Miraski is a graduate of the master's program at the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.

He is currently a freelance journalist in Chicago, and writes on Northwestern University athletics for Examiner.com.

He has previously covered science and technology reporter at the Medill News Service in Washington, D.C. He was also the macroeconomic business beat in Chicago and the Food business beat for Medill. He has also covered horse racing at Arlington Park. He is a college football and basketball reporter for MRISports.com, a college football reporter for Blogcritics.org and a general sports reporter for FanIQ.com."

Obviously he cannot find a real job. To the basement of the Science Building we go.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            Obviously he cannot find a real job. To the basement of the Science Building we go.
            The basement of the Science Building is a great place to be. (You do watch Science Fiction, I hope.) Nobody would let Mr. BM anywhere near the Science Building; BMs belong elsewhere.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
              The basement of the Science Building is a great place to be. (You do watch Science Fiction, I hope.) Nobody would let Mr. BM anywhere near the Science Building; BMs belong elsewhere.
              weird-science1.jpg
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• For an early season preview this is probably pretty accurate.

Blue Ribbon Yearbook previews the 2012-13 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.

"It's a talented, yet very inexperienced, minimally accomplished group," Marshall said. "We've got four or five guys that have been a part of some very good teams. The rest of them have got to prove it for the first time."

BLUE RIBBON ANALYSIS
                BACKCOURT: B
                BENCH/DEPTH: B
                FRONTCOURT: B
                INTANGIBLES: C

Expectations won't fall much around Koch Arena. Fans like this streak of 20-win seasons and the Shockers are on track for a fourth straight, something never accomplished.

But this one figures to come with a few more bumps than the last two. Figure WSU as the kind of team capable of impressive victories and puzzling letdowns, at least until later in the season. By February, if things go as planned, the Shockers should have their rotation established and be ready to peak.

That probably won't be enough to defend the MVC title. Creighton is the clear favorite. But it might be enough to make the Bluejays nervous and keep the Shockers in NCAA tournament contention. To do that, the relatively experienced backcourt will need to keep things steady while newcomers figure things out.

WSU's offense won't duplicate last season's efficiency, but it can still win a lot of games with defense and rebounding. If this team jells and the talented players allow Gregg Marshall's coaching to help them, the Shockers could return to the NCAA tournament or the NIT.

Comment

• Here is an Early preview of the Shockers

In the fast lane

Comment

• Based on Coaches comments on the show tonight, this is how I believe the rotation will look in the non-con.

Starters:
                    Hall
                    Armstead (coach's words)

Start or in the rotation:
                    Williams (part time starter last year).
                    Cotton (In the rotation last year).
                    Orukpe (borderline in the rotation last year. Coach said he would "get his chance").
                    Early (Coach said 25 mpg).

In the top 10 (as mentioned by Coach):
                    Lufile
                    Van Vleet

Out of the rotation:
                    Green (Coach said he could help, but might not be needed).

Unclear:
                    White (I think he's in the 10)
                    Wessel (I think he's in based on defense and hustle)
                    Baker (Has to beat out Cotton and Williams for his minutes)
                    Wiggins (I think he's out until he learns to defend)
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Based on Coaches comments on the show tonight, this is how I believe the rotation will look in the non-con.

Starters:

Hall
                      Armstead (coach's words)

Start or in the rotation:

Williams (part time starter last year).
                      Cotton (In the rotation last year).
                      Orukpe (borderline in the rotation last year. Coach said he would "get his chance").
                      Early (Coach said 25 mpg).

In the top 10 (as mentioned by Coach):

Lufile
                      Van Vleet

Out of the rotation:
                      Green (Coach said he could help, but might not be needed).

Unclear:

White (I think he's in the 10)
                      Wessel (I think he's in based on defense and hustle)

Baker (Has to beat out Cotton and Williams for his minutes)
                      Wiggins (I think he's out until he learns to defend)
                      The only thing I would disagree with is we need a starter at the 3. I think it goes to Wessel. From what I've heard they haven't even practiced Cle at the 3. I also expect White and Baker to play too, but with the aforementioned "top 10," one of them would have to be the 11th man.

Comment

• I'm not disagreeing that Wessel MIGHT start at the three, or at the least be the first reserve. I just didn't hear coach lean that way and saw nothing from last year that would lead me to believe that. OTOH, he is getting high praise for what he has been doing thus far this year.

Other than Early, Cotton is the possible "other" starter at the 3.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Here's the deal. Paul and Bob share many of the sentiments about this Season's beloved Shockers that we share. Here are some more thoughts. With a mix of The Beast, D-Will, Cotton, and the dynamic W duo of White and Wessel with the twist of 8, count them, the Elite 8 (we hope), and our Coach who understands how to mastermind all of this quality depth, we WILL be in the hunt. Let's see how long this high-octane of overall talent takes to become a solid team that can lead us to the basketball promised land. When various prognosticaters pick us from 2nd to 6th, we understand the 'WHAT IF'S."

First of all, let's get these nagging injuries behind us now. We need a healthy team. Mr. Wessel has indeed improved and I like his game. In the summer, only he could slow down Wiggins some of the time. However, he might be part of the rested energy reinforcements coming off the bench that will not skip a beat. White may be one of our more improved returning players. Good things happen when Cotton happens by. Hall will be better than advertised as usual with the solid Juco players that become Seniors here. D-Will will be 'finer than a frog hair' and understands the competition for playing time that will make him better. He could be a key. EO? Let's look at history lessons. EO has never been a franchise player. However, under the Marshall Plan, players develop and have some stellar Senior Seasons for us based on the talents they bring to the table. We need EO to do what he is best at. Rebound, D-up but don't foul much, set legal picks, pass to the open man, swat shots and alter them till the cows come home, and score when in position to do so. Just do those things EO.

Now, for the proof of the puddin. Yes, I like the returning cast just mentioned above. However, we just had 2 Seasons of more experienced and talented players leading us than this Class. However, not to worry because I present to you Exhibit A. Enter Marshall's best recruiting Class ever. Now here is Exhibit B which we hope knocks our socks off. Marshall is a big believer in developing players that sit out a year but practice with our squad. Mr. Armstead and "Heart Breaker, Shot Maker Baker" are going to add to the experience from that training to our cache of weapons on both sides of the floor. U like?

Last but not least, I might be a man of few words (tsk, tsk, tsk) but this is key. How good will we be? The influx of new talent might be our ace in the hole. Can Early, Wiggins and Chadrack have solid Junior Seasons and is FVV ready to rock and roll this Season? Also, let's hope if Coach Marshall wants Mr. Geen to redshirt, he does so. Hopefully, this wish list becomes reality. If so, WATCH OUT VALLEY OF DEATH BECAUSE THE SHOCKERS ARE COMING TO GETCHA!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 4, 2012, 10:58 AM.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                          X