AN EARLY PREVIEW OF THE WSU BASKETBALL 2012-2013 SEASON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    And since maybe all of two people on here cares more about Marshall covering than winning, there's really nothing else for you here. You either are buying what we have to sell or ya aren't, but nobody cares about spreads. You want to know if we can BEAT the Aces? Yes. Can we cover some spread? Who on this board cares?
    Frankly Kung Wu, I don't give a **** if we cover the spread. It's about winning for me.

Comment

I am still laughing that we got picked 5th or 6th in the MVC by an educated betting person. I get that we are basketball people and he is an odds and spread guy, though.

This will be an especially funny thread at the end of the season. :)

I want to throw out a reminder that Marshall developed no name guys into MVC champs out of his first recruiting class. Now he has reasonably "name" guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BTBJordan View Post
        He is only 70-70 ATS in his time at WSU. Remember good coaches win, great coaches cover
        There have been a LOT of dumb statements made on this board over the years. This one might take the cake.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Also, isn't fun to now have the same kind of preseason concerns as big time programs? Those types of programs are always unsure of how all their new talents will mesh and gel together, and whether or not they will be able to win as much as they have been. They get new people every year and always have these questions. Now, that is us, too. :) Obviously, the right coaches are able to get it done every time...even when there are new faces every year. I think we might have one of those.

Comment

Spanglerfan316, I am not ignoring anyone but you.
            In that case, I have no objections.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
              Frankly Kung Wu, I don't give a hairy rats *** if we cover the spread. It's about winning for me.
              Hey Mo, ya' talkin' 'bout me?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                Remember that those of us outside of Wichita haven't even seen most of your guys play yet.
                Neither have most of us inside of Wichita, at least not at the D-1 level.

There are a lot of variables with this team, as there were last year. Time will tell, but I certainly would not put any money on the Shocks finishing as low as 6th. Mabye 5th, if I got really good odds in my favor.

If I were a betting man I think taking a chance on the Shocks over-achieving is a better play then the opposite. Yes, we have a lot of uproven talent on this team. We should be very athletic and deep. Some of the talent will probably underperfrom expectations, but some will outperform expectations. The thing is there is a reasnable basis for high expectations even if it is somewhat ill-defined at this point.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 10, 2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  And since maybe all of two people on here cares more about Marshall covering than winning, there's really nothing else for you here. You either are buying what we have to sell or ya aren't, but nobody cares about spreads. You want to know if we can BEAT the Aces? Yes. Can we cover some spread? Who on this board cares?
                  Ok Fellas, I was just trying to have a light-hearted discussion and find out more information about the JUCOS and how the team is gelling. Instead most you went on the attack and did not discuss your team at all. I am not selling anything. The ATS stat and coach line was a joke that some of you freaked out about. It was a response to someone saying not to bet against Marshall.

Anyway good luck this season, lighten up a bit!

The people that sent me useful private messages, thank you and please to keep in touch this season.

Email: Support@besttruebets.net

Jordan

Comment

Anyway good luck this season, lighten up a bit!
                    Thanks for the good wishes. If you are going to be in (paid or unpaid) media, you will need to develop a much tougher skin.

On the other hand, humor, nuances, etc. are difficult to express on sports message boards. You should take all of my posts on SN with a big grain of salt because I consider sports to be entertainment and not very important. In fact, you should not take sports message boards or sports blogs seriously at all. In my case, I believe my posts overall convey a sense of humor as well as some commentary on sports and occasional (over the top?) outrage. :tongue-new: :rolleyes-new: Here is an example, referencing the Phillip K. Dick book Ubiq whose title plays off the word "ubiquitous" and whose product "ubiq" seems to be everything to everybody (just like "dual overhead cams").
                    Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                    It is Ubiq.
                    I forgot to add "cats" to the equation: http://what-if.xkcd.com/15/
                    Last edited by SpanglerFan316; October 11, 2012, 07:32 AM.
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• It would be nice to have some predictions on here of our SN faithful of the top 5 Valley teams in the order you think each will finish.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• CU
                        WSU
                        Illinois St.
                        UNI
                        Evansville
                        Indiana State
                        Drake
                        MSU
                        Bradley
                        SIU
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Yeah that looks like it to me, although I might put msu in 15th place :)

Comment

• This needs its own thread. I'll start it.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• CU
                              WSU
                              Evansville
                              Illinois St.
                              UNI
                              Indiana State
                              Drake
                              MSU
                              Bradley
                              SIU

I think UE's new center will help the pimps finish a lot higher than expected.

Comment

• I don't have an opinion either way on Wichita State starting up football. That said, every Shocker fan that wants football needs to push for football now. According to unnamed sources, UNI has held several top secret meetings with high level MAC officials and have a sealed envelope with an invite to join the MAC to play 1-A ball. That is one less football opportunity for the Shox.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X