No announcement yet.

AN EARLY PREVIEW OF THE WSU BASKETBALL 2012-2013 SEASON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're way too pessimistic, FSF. Considering the list you assembled, if all of your ifs come true the Shocks won't just split with Creighton, they'll leave them in the dust on the way to a black and yellow run deep into March.

Comment

We did not have so many 'what ifs' last Season and still beat out Creighton who was picked to win the Valley but never got to play them at the Lew. When they beat us here and were ranked, who would have known we would spank them by 21 in Omaha? These various results were not not unthinkable because we looked great prior to that at the NIT the Season before and the emergence of Rags settling in at the point guard position really helped our cause last Season. As Mike Kennedy often points out, it is the more talented upperclass teams that find ways to win close games and championships. Most Mags will not pick us 1st or even 2nd, but rather 3rd I think. This is feasible on a rebuilding year but our quality depth could play a role as the 2nd half of the Season kicks in. The last 2 Seasons of Shocker road wins was outstanding and amazing as our quality depth and talented experience played a major role. So tell me WSUwatcher. How do you really think the Shocks will do under the circumstances?
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Just bought the Athlon Mag. and while some of this I am about to share may have been mentioned on SN, here goes.

Here is their predictions of the our Top 5 and the future prognostications in the Valley Of Death.. 1. Creighton--2 and done 2. WSU--1 and done--"nope, FSF predicts if we do Dance--we win at least 2. We can use the Pub. and the extra bread. Tsk tsk tsk." 3. Illinois State-NIT 4. N. Iowa--NIT 5. Evansville.

They mentioned that no other Shocker Coach has won 20--4 times in a row. While this might be the 1st Season we do not win more than the Season before under the Marshall Plan--this milestone of 20 will happen IMO.

Athlon's article thought Mr. Earlly might be the star of our Recruiting Class calling him "a skilled offensive player but also very sound on D." While Lindy's seem to ignore Wiggin's who really impressed me this summer, Athlon said "he is a wing scorer who impressed with his rebounding during summer practices." They also mention FVV as "a top-100 national recruit according to ESPN.com."

In the front of Athlon, they interviewed Doug McDermott who said "WSU is the toughest place he has played in his career." Here is his Doug's comments about playing here. "It is crazy. Everyone is on top of you. I was talking to UNLV's Mike Moser about it, and he agreed. It gets so loud and is always sold out and the student section is on top of you. I love it, but it is nuts." Since they did beat us last Season at 21st and Hillside, I guess that is quite the compliment. The UNLV player's perception did not surprise me because we thumped them here last year and played amazing in that home game against a very good team.

One last thing that I did not realize was that Doug's Dad did not offer him a Ship when he was coaching at Iowa State? Yikes!!!
        Last edited by forevershockerfan; October 7, 2012, 06:20 PM.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Fellas,

We have completed our early season preview for the MVC if you are interested. I enjoy MVC basketball, I think it one of the purest and most exciting to watch, however very tough to handicap. Your homecourt advantage is one of the best in all of college basketball! I read this forum every day during the season, thanks for your work and insight!

www.besttruebets.net/BTB-Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BTBJordan View Post
            Fellas,

We have completed our early season preview for the MVC if you are interested. I enjoy MVC basketball, I think it one of the purest and most exciting to watch, however very tough to handicap. Your homecourt advantage is one of the best in all of college basketball! I read this forum every day during the season, thanks for your work and insight!

Also please leave a comment if you have any information that we have left otu. With so many JUCO players, it is very difficult to get a read on this team. Any inside information is appreciated!

Comment

WSU Prospects

I just now took a look at this thread for the 1st time since it started a week or two ago. I saw mention of various members of the WSU team, so I wanted to share something I found on a daily email on college basketball that I subscribed to 2 or 3 months ago. It's called BR Stream Newletters. Every weekday, it has a dozen or so articles on all kinds of things going on in college basketball regarding coaches, individual players, players making committments to various teams, etc. I usually disregard most of it unless there is a particular article that catches my eye and one did a couple of weeks ago entitled "High Impact Juco Players". It had a list of the top 15 juco players in the U.S. most likelty to make a major impact on their college teams this season. #3 was Cleanthony Early of WSU. There was a whole pargraph devoted to his skills and abilities. I've watched him scrimmage & I know he has quite an impressive skill set offensively, but what really caught my eye in this article was this: "His defensive skills are amazing". #9 on the list is Nick Wiggins, also of WSU. The article says he is "ready to rock in the MVC this year".

Comment

Fellas,

You make some outstanding observations about the betting angles, and are to be commended. From the name of the website, I gather that's your strength. Good stuff.

Now picking WSU 5th, behind Evansville.....thems fightin' words. I will wager any amount of money WSU doesn't finish behind freaking Evansville. Ain't happenin'.

Now the team by team breakdown has WSU 6th....barring a team wide injury or illness, that's just crazy talk.

Comment

Also please leave a comment if you have any information that we have left otu. With so many JUCO players, it is very difficult to get a read on this team. Any inside information is appreciated!
                  Your very early breakdown of the game vs VCU is spot on as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    You make some outstanding observations about the betting angles, and are to be commended. From the name of the website, I gather that's your strength. Good stuff.

Now picking WSU 5th, behind Evansville.....thems fightin' words. I will wager any amount of money WSU doesn't finish behind freaking Evansville. Ain't happenin'.

Now the team by team breakdown has WSU 6th....barring a team wide injury or illness, that's just crazy talk.
                    Thanks for the input, the initial rankings are a current value. Currently I see the Shockers beating Drake and UE. If they played today on a neutral court, would you take the Shockers over UE and Drake??
                    Last edited by BTBJordan; October 9, 2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input, the initial rankings are a current value. Currently I see the Shockers being being Drake and UE. If they played today on a neutral court, would you take the Shockers over UE and Drake??
                      I would take the Shox's today and every day and twice on Sunday.

Comment

Thanks for the input, the initial rankings are a current value. Currently I see the Shockers being being Drake and UE. If they played today on a neutral court, would you take the Shockers over UE and Drake??
                        WSU will never "be" UE or DU or even imagine "being" (much less, "being being") UE or DU. Where do you get these crazy ideas?

PS WSU will not finish in fifth or sixth place. You can take that to the betting window.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                          WSU will never "be" UE or DU or even imagine "being" (much less, "being being") UE or DU. Where do you get these crazy ideas?

PS WSU will not finish in fifth or sixth place. You can take that to the betting window.
                          Pointless response, but thanks for the grammar check.

Comment

Thanks for the input, the initial rankings are a current value. Currently I see the Shockers beating Drake and UE. If they played today on a neutral court, would you take the Shockers over UE and Drake??
                            I would put money on WSU as being 3-1 or better against Drake and UE this year and bet on the win on a neutral court.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

I think you may be wrong, though, BTBJordan. Outside of Ragland graduating, the Shockers could be a faster team this year.

Armstead on D. Demetric, Cotton and Van Vleet (crossover to drop your jock type fast- don't listen to the lemmings, before it's too late- and strong enough to finish too) alongside that point guard.

Early, Wiggins, Hall (no, he is NOT a stiff.. he gets up to block shots, quick). etc who did I forget?

The Shockers will run this year. Too much talent + just enough experience

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                                I think you may be wrong, though, BTBJordan. Outside of Ragland graduating, the Shockers could be a faster team this year.

Armstead on D. Demetric, Cotton and Van Vleet (crossover to drop your jock fast- don't listen to the lemmings, before it's too late- and strong enough to finish too) alongside that point guard.

Early, Wiggins, Hall (no, he is NOT a stiff.. he gets up to block shots, quick). etc who did I forget? The Shockers will run this year. Too much talent + just enough experience
                                The Shockers will definitely run and defend. The question is shooting percentage and turnovers.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X