HCPM dilemma #2: Center - Pohto vs Ballard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCPM dilemma #2: Center - Pohto vs Ballard

You be the coach: Which player do you believe should receive the majority of minutes at the 5 for the best chance of winning?
    Ballard
    95.12%
    Pohto
    4.88%
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

It's pretty obvious Mill's favors KP cause KP plays when the game is tight late. I agree with QB starting though to keep KP out of foul troble. We need both. Together they are the strength of this team.

Comment

I think it depends on the opponent. If they are going to deny the lob like USF, play Photo more. If they are going to defend the lob like FAU, go with QB. I think QB is a tremendous asset to the team without a doubt, but he’s also somewhat of a one trick pony (dunks) on offense, and appears to have limited stamina. I’m not sure he can go beyond 20 minutes in a game.

Comment

the biggest issue with Ballard is he doesn't have a PG that will pass to him if Cortes is on the bench. He can't use his dribble to back down an opponent and can't shoot outside of 3 feet. Defense is not competition between the 2.

Comment

The problem with Ballard is Top 40 programs will be chomping at the bit to have him.

He doesn't have a back to the basket game but those programs don't give a crap. He absolutely _dominates_ above the rim. Put three guards behind him that can put leading lob passes on a dime, and my gosh you have a monster.

Heck Cortes has shown that with one guard that can and will serve those up. Not sure Bell has ever met Ballard ... we should introduce them some time.

Pohto on the other hand has some back to the basket game, but plays well below the rim.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Pohto plays like he's 6'4" - without the ability to get above the rim that 6'4" guys have.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Pohto plays like he's 6'4" - without the ability to get above the rim that 6'4" guys have.
              I’m not sure our 6’4 guys can get above the rim this year. Outside of Beverly on a couple alley oops I can’t think of any guards that dunk the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I’m not sure our 6’4 guys can get above the rim this year. Outside of Beverly on a couple alley oops I can’t think of any guards that dunk the ball.
                I get my fill of dunks live during pregame. I pretend that they actually count. It's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

If Pohto and our 6'4 guys could hit on 40% of their 3 balls, I don't really care if they can jump or dunk. I do hope they can rebound, and play defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If Pohto and our 6'4 guys could hit on 40% of their 3 balls, I don't really care if they can jump or dunk. I do hope they can rebound, and play defense.
                    me neither but they can't. Just another observation about lack of anything on this team.

Comment

This poll is sort of like asking which would you rather have, an ice pick shoved in your eye or your ear.

Comment

Working...
                      X