Will Past Players Start Suing for Reparations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Past Players Start Suing for Reparations

….for all the money colleges and the NCAA made off of their backs? Would you be surprised if someone actually tried?

Depends, a lot of the got money at all levels for years, it just wasn’t out in the open like now.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Will someone try? Probably. Will they succeed? No
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Will someone try? Probably. Will they succeed? No
        It would have to be the right court like the two time transfer case. These strategies are scouted out well in advance.

Comment

Well, this should be on the political forum. But I don't think freed slaves were ever given their 40-acres and a mule. It it wasn't like there wasn't enough land available. That doesn't mean I am in favor of reparations.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            ….for all the money colleges and the NCAA made off of their backs? Would you be surprised if someone actually tried?

Comment

I’ve got $10 on Shaq and ******* bringing the first suit.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                I’ve got $10 on Shaq and ******* bringing the first suit.
                Great minds think alike.

When shoxlax brought up this idea to a group of us offline, he mentioned that Florida made a lot of money off of Tim Tebow. I countered that Tim now makes big money post-college and so someone like him wouldn't be part of such a suit.

However, I did say that someone like Shaq who didn't make it big after college would be the type to go down the rabbit hole of suing for reparations.
                78-65

Comment

Working...
                X