Out of line
    12.12%
    The Truth
    66.67%
    Need NIL to buy toys
    24.24%
    Talent is there to win now
    12.12%

I was surprised to see people offended by that online.

Then I remembered I was online and there are people who look for reasons to be offended
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I’m offended that someone might be offended of something offensive…unless it was about our offense, and even that’s not that offensive.

Those are the offensive announcements for the day.
      Last edited by BAShocker; December 31, 2023, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Hoping a wealthy booster grows tired of the disparity.

Comment

Not sure how that comment could be offensive. Mills had barely any time to put a roster together and was trying to get Abmas as well. We certainly are an island of misfit toys.

This team isn’t as talented as any of the IB teams and I think you’d have to go to the early Turgeon era to find a WSU team with less raw talent on the roster.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Not sure how that comment could be offensive. Mills had barely any time to put a roster together and was trying to get Abmas as well. We certainly are an island of misfit toys.

This team isn’t as talented as any of the IB teams and I think you’d have to go to the early Turgeon era to find a WSU team with less raw talent on the roster.
            Yeahhh…. No. 07-08 and 09-10 were rough.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

09-10? The team that won 25 games and was 20 minutes away from the NCAA Tournament?
              78-65

Comment

07-08 had a future NBA player on the roster in Mekel and still had Brauer and Couisnard.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I wasn’t offended by it at all. It was an apt description. I just didn’t appreciate it. Those guys should embrace it, put it on some t-shirts, and rally around the moniker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

07-08 had a future NBA player on the roster in Mekel and still had Brauer and Couisnard.
                    We lost Braeuer for the season in the conference opener, I believe?

Gal Mekel struggled. He was willing to shoot a lot so he got his points, but he was effectively a turnover machine because he missed so much (though those misses don't count as turnovers). He was a real frustration that year.

I'm not even sure who our big man was that year. Did we have one?

And didn't one of HC3GM's commits pass away before even making it to campus? Or was that the following year?

I remember 3G's first year being tough, but there was still hope for a brighter future based on what Turgeon was able to accomplish.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

09-10? The team that won 25 games and was 20 minutes away from the NCAA Tournament?
                      lol. That post was brought to you by Buffalo trace. I meant 07-08 and 08-09. The first two years.

Cooz had to play guard instead of forward. Gal was a hot mess. Matt struggled to get on the court after all of his head injuries. GM started a walk on, and not because he was better than everyone else. Ramon was not great as he was still in post juco adjustment. JT was learning how to play.

08-09 was better but not by much. Both teams pretty on par with this team.
                      Last edited by shock; January 1, 2024, 10:07 AM.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We lost Braeuer for the season in the conference opener, I believe?

Gal Mekel struggled. He was willing to shoot a lot so he got his points, but he was effectively a turnover machine because he missed so much (though those misses don't count as turnovers). He was a real frustration that year.

I'm not even sure who our big man was that year. Did we have one?

And didn't one of HC3GM's commits pass away before even making it to campus? Or was that the following year?

I remember 3G's first year being tough, but there was still hope for a brighter future based on what Turgeon was able to accomplish.
                        Phil tomasson, JT durley, and Ramon iirc. Then there was Mantas Griskanis, Cooz, Gal, AJ Hawkins, Wendell Preadom, and Bret Michael. Aaron Ellis was a Freshman but didn’t see much action.

Last edited by shock; January 1, 2024, 10:13 AM.

Comment

A PG like Porter is very hard to replace. I think with him this team would be 11-2 right now and a solid pick for 3rd in conference. He is a very hard act to follow at PG. We have a decent SG but no depth there. In addition, you need shooters on BOTH wings and we don't have that........I think that is our most glaring weakness. KP is our ONLY threat with his back to the basket. We should go to him more and more. I think we will. We could really use one or two more with the ability to post up effectively.........we just don't. Would like to see more Germany. IF QB is here next season he really needs to develop his offensive post play.

Comment

Phil tomasson, JT durley, and Ramon iirc. Then there was Mantas Griskanis, Cooz, Gal, AJ Hawkins, Wendell Preadom, and Bret Michael. Aaron Ellis was a Freshman but didn’t see much action.
                            Oh yeah, JT Durley! Just looked it up, he was a redshirt freshman that year. We were stacked with newcomers that season.

Newcomers
                            ---
                            0 Aaron Ellis F 6-7 Fr. Myrtle Beach, S.C. / Carolina Forrest HS
                            10 Ramon Clemente F 6-6 Jr. Queens, NY /
                            14 Graham Hatch G 6-4 Fr. Mesa, Ariz. / Mesa HS
                            15 Bret Michael G 6-0 Fr. Wichita, KS / Sunrise Christian Academy
                            25 A.J. Hawkins G/F 6-5 Jr. Edmond, OK / Millwood, HS/St. Bonaventure
                            32 Brett Burley F 6-7 Fr. Victoria, BC / Camden Military Academy
                            33 Mantas Griskenas F 6-7 Jr. Rokiskis, Lithuania /

Returners
                            ---
                            1 Gal Mekel G 6-3 So. Tel Aviv, Israel, / Alliance HS
                            2 P.J. Couisnard G/F 6-4 Sr. Houston, Texas / Yate HS
                            3 Lance Harris G 6-2 Sr. Wichita, Kan. / Southeast HS
                            5 Wendell Preadom G 6-1 Jr. Houston, Texas / Westbury Christian HS
                            11 Phillip Thomasson F 6-7 Sr. Burlison, Texas / Burlison HS
                            22 Matt Braeuer G 5-11 Sr. Belton, Texas / Belton HS
                            31 J.T. Durley F 6-7 R-Fr. Pittsburg, Texas / Pittsburg HS

With Braeuer out, the returning number of minutes with NCAA Division 1 experience fell off fast. Thank goodness for Cooz, Thomasson and Preadom.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Oh yeah, JT Durley! Just looked it up, he was a redshirt freshman that year. We were stacked with newcomers that season.

Newcomers
                              ---
                              0 Aaron Ellis F 6-7 Fr. Myrtle Beach, S.C. / Carolina Forrest HS
                              10 Ramon Clemente F 6-6 Jr. Queens, NY /
                              14 Graham Hatch G 6-4 Fr. Mesa, Ariz. / Mesa HS
                              15 Bret Michael G 6-0 Fr. Wichita, KS / Sunrise Christian Academy
                              25 A.J. Hawkins G/F 6-5 Jr. Edmond, OK / Millwood, HS/St. Bonaventure
                              32 Brett Burley F 6-7 Fr. Victoria, BC / Camden Military Academy
                              33 Mantas Griskenas F 6-7 Jr. Rokiskis, Lithuania /

Returners
                              ---
                              1 Gal Mekel G 6-3 So. Tel Aviv, Israel, / Alliance HS
                              2 P.J. Couisnard G/F 6-4 Sr. Houston, Texas / Yate HS
                              3 Lance Harris G 6-2 Sr. Wichita, Kan. / Southeast HS
                              5 Wendell Preadom G 6-1 Jr. Houston, Texas / Westbury Christian HS
                              11 Phillip Thomasson F 6-7 Sr. Burlison, Texas / Burlison HS
                              22 Matt Braeuer G 5-11 Sr. Belton, Texas / Belton HS
                              31 J.T. Durley F 6-7 R-Fr. Pittsburg, Texas / Pittsburg HS

With Braeuer out, the returning number of minutes with NCAA Division 1 experience fell off fast. Thank goodness for Cooz, Thomasson and Preadom.
                              Don't let ShockRef see the name Graham Hatch.

Comment

Working...
                              X