Updated Poll Question: Win Total

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
    Don't look now but on Wednesday evening we will be looking for our first win in 40 days. Chew on that.
    Could this qualify for being the thing we give up for Lent, even though Lent is still a few weeks away?
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I want to like this post, but I can't.

The college sports landscape is changing in such a way that I don't think we will see any players stay at WSU more than 2 years. They will either be let go or move on to greener pastures.

A system coach can't properly recruit "his" players in that environment. You need a coach who can adapt to his personnel every year. Mills clearly isn't that type of coach. By the time we can get that type of coach WSU will be one of several perennial conference doormats.

The future just looks incredibly bleak from my vantage point. I don't know that I want to continue investing emotional capital into something that used to bring me joy, but now only delivers heartache, with no hope in sight.

It's safe to say this is the worst I have ever felt about Shocker basketball. I used to be able to watch a game like today hoping to see something posititve from a young player or two, to tide me over to the next game. One, we don't play any young players. Two, if we did I have no reason to believe they would be here next year.
      Sums up my feelings the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I want to like this post, but I can't.

The college sports landscape is changing in such a way that I don't think we will see any players stay at WSU more than 2 years. They will either be let go or move on to greener pastures.

A system coach can't properly recruit "his" players in that environment. You need a coach who can adapt to his personnel every year. Mills clearly isn't that type of coach. By the time we can get that type of coach WSU will be one of several perennial conference doormats.

The future just looks incredibly bleak from my vantage point. I don't know that I want to continue investing emotional capital into something that used to bring me joy, but now only delivers heartache, with no hope in sight.

It's safe to say this is the worst I have ever felt about Shocker basketball. I used to be able to watch a game like today hoping to see something posititve from a young player or two, to tide me over to the next game. One, we don't play any young players. Two, if we did I have no reason to believe they would be here next year.
        All the more reason that FADDB royally f***ed up by not hiring Chris Jans. CJ’s background as a juco coach gives him an edge in that requisite mindset of having to rebuild your team each year.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

All the more reason that FADDB royally f***ed up by not hiring Chris Jans. CJ’s background as a winning juco coach gives him an edge in that requisite mindset of having to rebuild your team each year.
          FTFY

I hope his balls itch slightly with no relief for the rest of his life. He makes Lew Perkins look like a savant.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

FTFY

I hope his balls itch slightly with no relief for the rest of his life. He makes Lew Perkins look like a savant.
            Why slightly?

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

FTFY

This is the first I’ve heard that Boatwrong had balls.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Why slightly?
                Because it’s not enough to go get checked out but just enough to drive a person insane
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

7 wins.

Comment

0 for 24

Comment

As I’ve mentioned before, we are 1 blocked layup at the buzzer (SIU) from a now 11 game losing streak. I think that’s correct. Ouch.

I mean, seriously? Geez.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                        As I’ve mentioned before, we are 1 blocked layup at the buzzer (SIU) from a now 11 game losing streak. I think that’s correct. Ouch.

I mean, seriously? Geez.
                        1 win in the last 2 months .. as you mentioned was a 1 pt win ... at home ... over a Valley team.

Comment

WSU dead last in men's AND women's ball. What an albatross around the neck of the American Conference this once proud basketball university has become

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            WSU dead last in men's AND women's ball. What an albatross around the neck of the American Conference this once proud basketball university has become
                            Gotta be positive. We are the absolute best school... At sucking at basketball

Comment

Unfortunately, the Wichita State athletic department finds itself in between the proverbial rock and a hard place with little to no escape route readily apparent at this point in time. The average fan is pretty much stuck with hope and a prayer, and that seems to be in diminishing supply as time passes.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

All the more reason that FADDB royally f***ed up by not hiring Chris Jans. CJ’s background as a juco coach gives him an edge in that requisite mindset of having to rebuild your team each year.
                                In all parallel universes, Chris Jans was hired at Wichita State. It was the easiest and most obvious decision ever.

Logic from the mind of children is as follows:

If greatest coach in history leaves, then hire most successful, qualified replacement from tree. If none exists, then conduct national coaching search for the best and the brightest up-and-comer.

Comment

Working...
                                X