Jake White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
    Have you ever seen Chadrack Ufile play yet? I met him at the annual SASO ice cream social last week. He is a big man. He is fast, quick & very mobile for a guy his size. I can't imagine him not getting PT as a back up center. Otherwise, WSU would go into next season with very little experience at the center position. And yes, his first name has a biblical basis. The names of his brothers are Meshach & Abednego (sp?) which can be attributed to the fact that his Dad is a church minister.
    No, I don't believe anyone has seen Ufile play yet, or will they.:playful:

Since you're talking about his name (and that you have met him), his last name Lufile.

Comment

EO, Hall, Lufile, White, Early, Wiggins, Baker, DW, Armstead, Cotton, FVV. That's 11. At least one is not gonna play. Will it be White, Wiggins, Lufile, Baker, or FVV?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        EO, Hall, Lufile, White, Early, Wiggins, Baker, DW, Armstead, Cotton, FVV. That's 11. At least one is not gonna play. Will it be White, Wiggins, Lufile, Baker, or FVV?
        3G has 40 minutes to divide up at each of the 5 spots. Plug in whatever numbers suits your fancy. One guys guess is as good as another at this point.

5 - EO (15), Chadrack (15), Carl (10)
        4 - Carl (13), Cleanthony (15), Jake (12)
        3 - Nick (22), Cleanthony (10), Evan (8)
        2 - D-Will (16), Tekele (16), Baker (8)
        1 - Malcolm (22), FVV (13), D-Will (5)
        RS - Derail.

Maybe 3G will chose to shorten his bench, but this kind of distribution of minutes = play your a$$ off while your in the game + foul trouble should not be a big issue + fresh legs at the end of the season.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 2, 2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Didn't UNI consistently play 11, 2 or 3 years ago? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            3G has 40 minutes to divide up at each of the 5 spots. Plug in whatever numbers suit your fancy. One guys guess is as good as another at this point.

5 - EO (15), Chadrack (15), Carl (10)
            4 - Carl (13), Cleanthony (15), Jake (12)
            3 - Nick (22), Cleanthony (10), Wessel (8)
            2 - D-Will (16), Tekele (16), Baker (8)
            1 - Malcolm (22), FVV (13), D-Will (5)
            RS - Derail.

Maybe 3G will chose to shorten his bench, but this kind of distribution of minutes = play your a$$ off while your in the game + foul trouble should not be a big issue + fresh legs at the end of the season.
            I will be very surprised if Wessel averages 8 mpg at SF, pushing Early to play more PF and, in essence, Wessel taking minutes from White.

Over the last 9 games of the season, White played in 8 for a total of 49 minutes. In those same games, Wessel played in only 4 for a total of 8 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              I will be very surprised if Wessel averages 8 mpg at SF, pushing Early to play more PF and, in essence, Wessel taking minutes from White.

Over the last 9 games of the season, White played in 8 for a total of 49 minutes. In those same games, Wessel played in only 4 for a total of 8 minutes.
              You make good points. I've got the minutes divided up among 12 scholarship players. @pinstripers: was wondering how we could find minutes for 11 players. But I can see with this group of players that Evan may well be the guy who may have a hard time finding minutes. But, in any case, it looks to me like we could potentially have very nice depth on this team. Time will tell whether or not we really have this many pieces to work with or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                You make good points. I've got the minutes divided up among 12 scholarship players. @pinstripers was wondering how we could find minutes for 11 players. But I can see with this group of players that Evan may well be the guy who may have a hard time finding minutes. But, in any case, it looks to me like we could potentially have very nice depth on this team. Time will tell whether or not we really have this many pieces to work with or not.
                The unique thing about this team is its potential depth and flexibilty. It's not so much about SF "A" beating out SF "B" for playing time, but how 2 players at one position can create a loss of minutes for another player at a different position. For example, if Jake White is having a much better year than expected, but EO has not improved that much, White could push Hall more to the 5 which takes minutes from EO because it is better for the team to have Jake getting more of EO's minutes; Hall is still playing the same total minutes. OR, because of Jake's performance, it allows Early to play less PF and more SF, meaning Wiggins will see less time at SF or Wiggins will push someone out of some minutes at SG.

This team has a LOT of "ifs". We pretty much know what we're going to get from Hall and DWill. However, will EO have his breakout year; how much improvement (if any) will youngsters White, Cotton, and Wessel make; and, for everybody else, how well will they perform in their first year in D-I ball and/or under Marshall's system? Of course, I believe having a lot of ifs is not so bad. It's not like if one player doesn't live up as advertised we'll have a glaring hole. No.....if we have 4 or 5 "ifs" that don't quite stack up as hoped, that will still mean we have 5 or 6 players that do plus Hall and DWill for a nice 7 to 8 man rotation. Not a bad problem at all (unless it's all the big men or all the PGs not don't stack up).

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I started a "Jake White" thread because no on ever talks about him - and look what happens to the thread - no one talks about him.

I think White is the first HS AA of any type we've had here since Carr - and we have more info and opinion about Nick Wiggins younger brother than we have about White.
                  Well, Aargh, it's a page later and still no one is talking about White. On the other hand, this is Shockernet, and who ever said that posters on here are constrained by such trivia as thread titles? That would require far more mental discipline and attentiveness than you're likely to find around here.

As for White, is he really the first All-American since Carr? I guess that's possible, and I'm not going to take time to dig through the archives, but it's hard to imagine that Mo Evans didn't get at least some AA recognition. Still, WSU's recent history isn't exactly laden with All-Americans, so it says something that White did make the grade, and it also says something about the talent level of this team that he isn't just penciled in as a starter. He may become one, and he may get 20-25 minutes a game or more and be really, really good at WSU -- but it would be surprising if those things happen this year.

Comment

As a frosh, Jake White had these offensive stats:

50 WHITE, Jake........ 21-0 152 7.2 15-38 .395 3-13 .231 9-17 .529 He shot 39.5% overall and 23.1% from three. OK but not fantastic. He averaged 2.0 points per game.

Kyle Wilson averaged 2.6 points per game in his freshman season at Illinois. After his redshirt year at WSU, Wilson 9.8 points per game as a sophomore at WSU. Does anyone expect White to average 9+ points per game in 2012-3?
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Not me.

Comment

I don't expect White to make that kind of a jump statistically, mainly because I don't think he will average more than 15 mpg. OTOH I think Wilson is a pretty good comparison to White in size and skill set.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Loved Kyle, but Jake has much more upside than Kyle.

Comment

If things go well, White will be in the starting line-up in 2013-14 along side VanVleet, Wiggins, Early and Lufile.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

I wouldnt be suprised to see him in the starting line up this year with Armstead, Williams, Early, and Hall.

Comment

Jake has along way to go to match the results on the court of Kyle Wilson. Jake does have plently of potential and he works hard, so I certainly wish for him the best. He sure was draining some 3's this summer. He has oodles of competition which is a good thing.

The beauty of it all is we have quality depth at each and every position this Season. This should bring out the best of our best and result in us being at least 2 deep in each position. Thus, matchups each game will be of essence and who is hot and who is not each game will for sure will play a role in minutes played game in and game out. He who plays the best defense can earn extra minutes as well because this is needed in every game we play and Coach Marshall places emphasis on D. I hope we create havoc and press, trap, and switch up defenses all night, every night as if our hair was on fire. With this much quality depth and athleticism, why not?
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X