No announcement yet.

Jake White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

C'mon. Be creative. You can think of something to say about White.:)

Comment

Jake White is just one of many Shockers to get excited about.

Derail Green is a 6-8 guard with handles, a stroke, and interior defense. With some added weight I expect to see a All-MVC performance in his junior/senior year.

Zack Bush is a local product that is way too good to be just any old walk-on.

Fred VanVleet is the most highly touted recruit we've seen in 15 years and he is a pure winner.

Ron Baker can shoot it from anywhere and is a headey guard.

Evan Wessel is another local two sport athlete that has the potential to be a favorite on and off the court as gets older.

Of course Jake White is a 6-8 lunch pail guy and a gym rat that also happens to be a deep threat.

Tekele Cotton is a strong defense stopper that makes good decisions and has the potential to put up double figure scoring.

We just nabbed Kadeen Coleby, a one year 6-9, 250 lb shot blocker to clog the middle.

Joe Mitchell is a Wichita kid and a juco AA that can score and play both guard positions...a freaking walk-on!!!! I expect Joe will get valuable minutes this year.

Nick Wiggins is a 6-6 scoring machine.

Cleanthony Early is a 6-8 NBA prospect. What SF averages 22 and 11 and then gives you 4.5 blocks per game to boot?

Chadrick Lufile is a skilled 6-9, 260 that runs the floor.

One year PG Malcolm Armstead is a floor leader and pick-pocket.

Four year guy Demetric Williams will be back and doing everything the right way.

Carl Hall is well, the beast!

Ehimen Orukpe is the most freakish seven-foot athlete in the history of the MVC.

It's so difficult to get excited about JUST ONE of these 16 guys. Ten years ago we'd be looking at everyone on this roster playing 20+ minutes. This year, 7 of these studs will struggle to see the court. I don't know which seven will be cozy on the bench, but I do know that the nine or ten that are in the rotation will have earned it with blood sweat and tears.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Jake White is just one of many Shockers to get excited about.

Derail Green is a 6-8 guard with handles, a stroke, and interior defense. With some added weight I expect to see a All-MVC performance in his junior/senior year.

Zack Bush is a local product that is way too good to be just any old walk-on.

Fred VanVleet is the most highly touted recruit we've seen in 15 years and he is a pure winner.

Ron Baker can shoot it from anywhere and is a headey guard.

Evan Wessel is another local two sport athlete that has the potential to be a favorite on and off the court as gets older.

Of course Jake White is a 6-8 lunch pail guy and a gym rat that also happens to be a deep threat.

Tekele Cotton is a strong defense stopper that makes good decisions and has the potential to put up double figure scoring.

We just nabbed Kadeen Coleby, a one year 6-9, 250 lb shot blocker to clog the middle.

Joe Mitchell is a Wichita kid and a juco AA that can score and play both guard positions...a freaking walk-on!!!! I expect Joe will get valuable minutes this year.

Nick Wiggins is a 6-6 scoring machine.

Cleanthony Early is a 6-8 NBA prospect. What SF averages 22 and 11 and then gives you 4.5 blocks per game to boot?

Chadrick Lufile is a skilled 6-9, 260 that runs the floor.

One year PG Malcolm Armstead is a floor leader and pick-pocket.

Four year guy Demetric Williams will be back and doing everything the right way.

Carl Hall is well, the beast!

Ehimen Orukpe is the most freakish seven-foot athlete in the history of the MVC.

It's so difficult to get excited about JUST ONE of these 16 guys. Ten years ago we'd be looking at everyone on this roster playing 20+ minutes. This year, 7 of these studs will struggle to see the court. I don't know which seven will be cozy on the bench, but I do know that the nine or ten that are in the rotation will have earned it with blood sweat and tears.
          Guys on the bench will be Mitchell, Coleby, Bush, Green and Wessel. That leaves 11 so I'm not sure who the last would be as I could see us going 10 deep easily, but 11 may be a stretch. That 10th player may be a rotation of two or three guys really. Depending on how they've been playing/practicing.

White is going to play and play a lot. I could see certain scenarios that could have him starting. But at worse, he's the backup PF on this team this year.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Guys on the bench will be Mitchell, Coleby, Bush, Green and Wessel. That leaves 11 so I'm not sure who the last would be as I could see us going 10 deep easily, but 11 may be a stretch. That 10th player may be a rotation of two or three guys really. Depending on how they've been playing/practicing.

White is going to play and play a lot. I could see certain scenarios that could have him starting. But at worse, he's the backup PF on this team this year.
            I agree on Coleby, Bush, Green and Wessel. I'm not sure where Mitchell and Baker fit in just yet. I think both should be getting minutes but that neither will.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I agree on Coleby, Bush, Green and Wessel. I'm not sure where Mitchell and Baker fit in just yet. I think both should be getting minutes but that neither will.
              I get what you're saying, but with all the reports about Baker make it hard to believe he won't be on the court this year. Especially if we're looking for a legit deep threat. I suspect that Green will redshirt this year. Coleby has to redshirt and that was the plan for Bush all along. Wessel should have redshirted last year and I wouldn't be opposed to him doing it this year, but find that unlikely.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                I'd say that it's similar to football when a team prepares to play against the option. You can practice it as many times as you want, with a bunch of dummies trying to replicate how fast and efficient the option team is, and then it's game time, and it's always 2-3 steps faster than what you practiced against.

I think the guys just weren't mentally prepared to play against a defense that suffocating.

2nd half we broke the press easily, and in turn pressed them. That was one thing I never understood with the game, at least from my recollection. I wondered why we didn't press the hell out of them the entire game.
                The sad thing is that we succeeded in keeping our turnovers down against them (significantly lower than many teams - even teams that beat them) but not much else... Maybe too much attention to turnover count and not enough on just smacking them in the mouth...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Looking forward to see how much Jake has progressed from his Freshman year.

Comment

Baker fits in right around the 3 point line. Left. Right. Center. 3 ft behind.

Notice none of those are anywhere CLOSE to the bench.

Many have stated that we need a legitate 3 point shooter to replace Ragland. I disagree. We have that. We need DWILL to join him and make it impossible for teams not to play us straight up.

Comment

If Baker gets major minutes, we still have the same problem...someone that should be playing is on the bench.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Baker

I saw a talk by Assistant Coach, Chris Jans, about a week ago. He said that Orupke is the most asked about player on the team. No 2 is Baker. He had some pretty optimistic things to say about Baker, too.

Comment

This is a strange year with a huge variance in potential outcomes.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            This is a strange year with a huge variance in potential outcomes.
                            Assuming, as some say, that Early will play the vast majority of his minutes at the SF, then you have 7 players that demand court time at the 1, 2 and 3; Arnstead, VanVleet, Williams, Baker, Cotton, Wiggins and Early. If Early moves to the PF then you have five guys that demand time at the 4 and 5; Early, White, Hall, Orukpe and Lufile. With that 11 man rotation you are also forced into the notion that Wessell, Mitchell and Green see next to zero court time. One of the 11 "sure to be in the rotation" guys is going to be on the deep bench.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Ufile

Have you ever seen Chadrack Ufile play yet? I met him at the annual SASO ice cream social last week. He is a big man. He is fast, quick & very mobile for a guy his size. I can't imagine him not getting PT as a back up center. Otherwise, WSU would go into next season with very little experience at the center position. And yes, his first name has a biblical basis. The names of his brothers are Meshach & Abednego (sp?) which can be attributed to the fact that his Dad is a church minister.

Comment

I have seen him on video and I agree with your sentiments.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X