Jake White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake White

Here's the deal. White was a Parade AA and had some of the best HS stats of any recent recruit to WSU. In the times we saw him late in the season, he appeared to be a hard-working, right place/right time guy, who wasn't afraid to put it up from 3 or to go to the hoop and battle anyone who happened to be in his way.

White is probably playing behind Carl "The Beast" Hall and Early's JuCo fame is limiting the discussion about White. It's easy to think that Early is so good that he will slide over to PF behind Hall and White will share time as the second option at PF.

I think we're underestimating White and giving Early a bit more credit than he deserves as a first-year JuCo trfr.

We've seen articles that talk about the great adjustments Early is making to take his game to the D1 level. We've seen in-game evidence that White's game is already at the D1 level. Early is one of the most highly-touted recruits the Shox have signed in 25 years, but he's going to be fighting for playing time. Don't be suprprised to see a starting front line of Hall, White, and Wiggins - or an early (no pun intended) sub version of that lineup this year.

We've got the #1 JuCo player in the nation fighting for PT with a Parade AA. We've had questions about how the Shox were going to score this year. White was a scoring machine in HS. Word is that White's been working on his 3-poiont shooting this summer and is heating up. As I recall, White was an effective 3-point shooter in HS. I'm going to make a wild guess that if the Shox need points, that Marshall finds a way to get White on the court.
    Last edited by Aargh; August 28, 2012, 11:32 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

I don't see any lineup or depth chart that has White behind Early at PF.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

STUD. Thats all you need to know about Jake.

Comment

I hope White gets a bunch of pt. I think that people are vastly underestimating him.

Comment

PF-Early.....White

Comment

Why on earth would we waste too much time with Early in PF when we already have four capable post players and his best position is SF?
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Early is going to be playing the SF from what I remember Cle talking about before this summer.

I think Early plays some PF at times, depending on the line up, especially if we run something quicker. Say Dwill, Kel, Wiggins, Early, Hall.

White is going to be behind Hall. But he could easily be our starting PF after Hall is gone, his Junior year. It really just all depends on what line up Marshall likes going with. Who gels best.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

If the entire team is working as hard as Jake, we're going to be just fine.

Comment

As I watched our Big Dance game one last time this week, I noticed the following of the players returning. Carl Hall was tough as nails in that game. If he can double his points and rebound totals this Season as Stutz did last Season, this would be huge. In that same game, DWill and Jake struggled. EO played very little in that game. Cotton was solid and did not appear to be a Frosh.

This summer, Jake White looked improved and his shooting on one of the outings was very impressive. DWill looked great at one session and just okay in the others I witnessed. We need him to overcome his injury and be one of our key leaders for us. EO had two sessions I liked and 2 that he seemed to struggle. Cotton impresses me more with the bright lights on than the scrimmages. Last Season, he moved his feet as good as any Shocker on the D and helped us in the minutes he did play. Wessel is working hard and his shot looked better to me this summer. He hustles and plays the D.

These are our returning players and we need this group to step up and lead our squad and mesh with the influx of so many new players.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Having seen the NCAA tourney game in Portland in person (row 7??), I thought the entire team looked soft. In the second half, the Shocks got POed and started playing well but overall I was disappointed. I don't recall any player impressing me but perhaps my memory of the game was affected by the outcome of the game. Stutz looked especially soft in the game, missing close shots over and over.

I hope this year's team comes out ready to play tough and play well.
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                      Having seen the NCAA tourney game in Portland in person (row 7??), I thought the entire team looked soft. In the second half, the Shocks got POed and started playing well but overall I was disappointed. I don't recall any player impressing me but perhaps my memory of the game was affected by the outcome of the game. Stutz looked especially soft in the game, missing close shots over and over.

I hope this year's team comes out ready to play tough and play well.
                      We were overwhelmed by their havoc d.

Comment

we had a bad gameplan and played scared the first half. Second half we attacked them back and finally relaized that we were just as fast and athletic as they were. Problem was that it was too late.

Comment

That game was so irritating. The guys looked like they didn't deserve to be on the same court as VCU the first half. I couldn't figure out why and still have no clue why they played so scared. They could go toe to toe with any team in the country and were scared by VCU? There were analysts saying we were one of the few teams that could potentially knock off Kentucky and we were overwhelmed by VCU? I'm still confused by it all.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            That game was so irritating. The guys looked like they didn't deserve to be on the same court as VCU the first half. I couldn't figure out why and still have no clue why they played so scared. They could go toe to toe with any team in the country and were scared by VCU? There were analysts saying we were one of the few teams that could potentially knock off Kentucky and we were overwhelmed by VCU? I'm still confused by it all.
                            I'd say that it's similar to football when a team prepares to play against the option. You can practice it as many times as you want, with a bunch of dummies trying to replicate how fast and efficient the option team is, and then it's game time, and it's always 2-3 steps faster than what you practiced against.

I think the guys just weren't mentally prepared to play against a defense that suffocating.

2nd half we broke the press easily, and in turn pressed them. That was one thing I never understood with the game, at least from my recollection. I wondered why we didn't press the hell out of them the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              we had a bad gameplan and played scared the first half. Second half we attacked them back and finally relaized that we were just as fast and athletic as they were. Problem was that it was too late.
                              We gained the lead in the second half. It was not "too late" unless you are referring to the Shocks' mental state.
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                              X