SOUTH DAKOTA STATE (4-5) vs. WICHITA STATE (7-2) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    shockers have their best 3-point shooting night of the year?

they have to stop losing to good (but not great) teams by double digits or the people won't be coming back this year, i'm afraid.
    “Good team”?

SDSU is not good.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So if I have this correct, SDSU pretty much forced us to shoot jumpers and everything broke down?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If I was a gambling man, would have lost the farm tonight. I'm not an IBA fan. The jackrabbits beat us both the 1st and 2nd half. The Shocks must regroup and work on making shots. SIU would like nothing more than to beat us at 21st. and Hillside. That win if achieved by the Shocks would put us at 8-3 b4 KU-KSTATE games. To get a split would ease the pain of tonight. The roller coaster Season continues. Go Shocks!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

“Good team”?

SDSU is not good.
          Yup. They've lost to the likes of Akron, Kent St and George Mason.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            So if I have this correct, SDSU pretty much forced us to shoot jumpers and everything broke down?
            Not really just jumpers. We had a lot of shots at the rim, but either they were contested heavily, or we just flat out missed. SDSU contested EVERYTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              If I was a gambling man, would have lost the farm tonight. I'm not an IBA fan. The jackrabbits beat us both the 1st and 2nd half. The Shocks must regroup and work on making shots. SIU would like nothing more than to beat us at 21st. and Hillside. That win if achieved by the Shocks would put us at 8-3 b4 KU-KSTATE games. To get a split would ease the pain of tonight. The roller coaster Season continues. Go Shocks!
              No we have to regroup and actually run an offense that generates good shots. WAY too much one on one.

Comment

HCPM knows those guys, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  That's what he said .. they sure appeared to know him...

Comment

Hope this doesn’t spiral out of control and we lose to a Valley school at home next week. That might sink the ship before it even leaves the harbor.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The only positive I can come up with is my over/under of 9X all of a sudden looks hot.

Comment

Please let BC be as good as we are expecting. Not sure I can take it if he is not eligible.

Comment

Whoever was responsible for making it to where fans couldn’t stream the game on ESPN+ in order to strong arm fans into paying prices they didn’t want to pay, only played themselves.

I can just hear Bob Lutz or some other some other person like him talk about how the fans aren’t supporting the team, are entitled, etc. It’s not rocket science though. Non-sexy game, economy is rough, and a new coach after coming out of the IB years. Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like they missed an opportunity to throw the fans a bone with prices and only had themselves to blame. It was crazy checking the last couple days for tickets and they were doubling down on their nonsense. So glad I didn’t drop $150 for me and the fam to be cold and pissed off.

may have not changed the outcome but at least there would have been a solid showing if they had out the effort to not promote crap. Fans in the seats are the draw to our program but instead of asking themselves what they could do to remedy that, they’ll just talk **** on fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Oral Bob was 3-7 vs SDSU the last 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Oral Bob was 3-7 vs SDSU the last 5 years.
                              Certainly looked that way tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Hope this doesn’t spiral out of control and we lose to a Valley school at home next week. That might sink the ship before it even leaves the harbor.
                                I think ISU is better than SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X