Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick & Andrew Wiggins video interview

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Im on my smartphone and didnt see anything in the post kai.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
      Im on my smartphone and didnt see anything in the post kai.
      Good to know that the video embed doesn't show up on mobile. I included the actual URL in the OP. Thanks for pointing that out @rrshock:

Comment

Andrew Wiggins is a junior-to-be in high school this year?

He's already taller & broader than Nick.

That young man is going to be something else (led Canada to a victory over US all-star team full of high school seniors-to-be).

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          Andrew Wiggins is a junior-to-be in high school this year?

He's already taller & broader than Nick.

That young man is going to be something else (led Canada to a victory over US all-star team full of high school seniors-to-be).
          There is a lot of talk that he's NBA ready out of highschool, that's why he's thinking of reclassifying to 2013. I'd imagine the path would be graduate in 2013, sign with Kentucky, win a national championship, go to the draft after his freshman year.

Or you know, another possibility could be to still do the 2013 thing, play his final year with his big brother in Wichita, then still go to the draft after his Freshman year.

Comment

I like option 2
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Hopefully, we can at least get Andrew in for a visit if for no other reason to give him a chance to see his brother play.

You never know, he might fall in love with the Koch Arena atmosphere. However, landing little bro' would seem to be the equivalent of hitting a 93 foot Hail Mary to win the national championship, especially when big bro' thinks he should go to Kentucky.

I think I am going really like Nick as a Shocker.

Comment

I will cut one testicle off and donate it to science for Andrew. I'll do it right now. I'll make that sacrifice. What will you do?

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  I will cut one testicle off and donate it to science for Andrew. I'll do it right now. I'll make that sacrifice. What will you do?

T

I will volunteer to cut off your other testicle for donation to science for Andrew. Not exactly sure how this will benefit Andrew though. He seems to have won the gene pool lottery as it is.

Comment

Yeah Im a little suprise Nick wants his brother to go to Kentucky. Would have been nice if he wanted him to play at WSU. Almost like nick thinks WSU isnt big time college basketball. Hopefully we can get Andrew in here and Coach can sell him. I would imagine if we win a few games in the ncaa's this year it could be easier to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                      Yeah Im a little suprise Nick wants his brother to go to Kentucky. Would have been nice if he wanted him to play at WSU. Almost like nick thinks WSU isnt big time college basketball. Hopefully we can get Andrew in here and Coach can sell him. I would imagine if we win a few games in the ncaa's this year it could be easier to sell.
                      Totally think the opposite. Nick wants the very best opportunities for his "little" brother and would say so. Nick is not going to say anything that may impede Andrew's chances to go where ever he may wish to. They appear to be tight and I'm sure what they discuss together is not necessarily what they may say publicly. They both seem to be pretty savy.

I don't believe Nick would have come to WSU if he didn't think it wasn't big time. However, we ain't Kentucky, we ain't Duke, we ain't UNC, and as much as it pains me to say it, we ain't KU (at least not yet :smug:). That doesn't mean I think we have no chance, but it's a long shot (see Perry Ellis regarding long shots and how they usually turn out).

Comment

What stuck out to me was that Nick is a very mature, very fine young man and I'm glad he's a Shocker.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

The fact is, Gregg is making the kind of moves that will eventually land us a Lunker. He recruited Perry's HS point guard (Wessel) in hopes that his big buddy might come along. Now he recruited Wiggins (a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way from Wessel) and hopes that his little (big) buddy might come along. Gregg is making the kind of moves that is going to transition us from where we are now, to national players. All Gregg has to do is sign one Perry, Andrew, _ _ _ _, and the fit will hit the shan as this program is poised to explode.

P.S.

I don't think I can spare two balls for Andrew 1972Shocker... sorry.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

T

Well I kind of like the two I have, so I think I will be keeping mine intact. But I think there is a solution. Since you are willing to give one up for charity, maybe you could ask Coach Marshall to donate one of his to you. That way you still end up with two, though one would obviously be bigger than the other, and Coach Marshall would still have three.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                              Well I kind of like the two I have, so I think I will be keeping mine intact. But I think there is a solution. Since you are willing to give one up for charity, maybe you could ask Coach Marshall to donate one of his to you. That way you still end up with two, though one would obviously be bigger than the other, and Coach Marshall would still have three.
                              One of the funniest things I've ever read on here. hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X