MVC coaches ranking by RecruitDirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC coaches ranking by RecruitDirt

Marshall #1 following in order by McDermott, Lansing, Lusk and Jacobsen.

In the fast lane

Dont buy it without Jacobsen top 3.

Comment

It's good to have the first name "greg" in this league! And ... if your name has gg in it ... DOUBLE BONUS BAY BAY!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm surprised to see Jake so low. Although if this is based mostly on the talent level of recruits, I can kind of understand. That's always been the knock on Jake. However, he gets all he can out of those kids he has.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Can't wait to see some of the purple koolaid drivers of the little D2 engine that could go bat schmeidel crazy over that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            Dont buy it without Jacobsen top 3.
            It says there is a point system, but without (paid) access, we don't know what it is. The lists from different conferences have both longer term coaches and brand new ones. If there was an emphasis on the 2012-13 class, this class is practically non-existing for UNI I believe. Thus, lower ranking.

Comment

Guess I didn't realize that Stanford was in the Mountain West.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Or that Brad Stevens spelled his name that way, or that some guy named Phil Martello was the head coach at St. Joe's.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  It says there is a point system, but without (paid) access, we don't know what it is. The lists from different conferences have both longer term coaches and brand new ones. If there was an emphasis on the 2012-13 class, this class is practically non-existing for UNI I believe. Thus, lower ranking.
                  You are correct, I checked the BCS league article and is specifically mentions based on recruits this year. http://recruitdirt.com/?p=522
                  Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                    You are correct, I checked the BCS league article and is specifically mentions based on recruits this year. http://recruitdirt.com/?p=522
                    That given, this doesn't say much for the 2012 recruiting class for the other 5 MVC schools. Please correct me, but I think the only newbie for UNI is a transfer that won't play until next year. :hororr: :playful:
                    Last edited by ShockTalk; August 17, 2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Originally posted by Good News View Post
                      Or that Brad Stevens spelled his name that way, or that some guy named Phil Martello was the head coach at St. Joe's.
                      Let's see. Given that the article is 2-3 days old, either their readership doesn't care and hasn't informed them, their readership has informed them and they don't care, or they have very little readership period.

Comment

I got a good laugh at Stanford being in the MWC. Not exactly the most credible rankings.

Comment

Don't post the rankings on the Valley board or there will be some exploding heads, if you know what I mean.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

The poll has no credibility.

Chewie is not #2, Jacobsen is not #5. HCGM is #1 though in large part because of his recruiting.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              The poll has no credibility.

Chewie is not #2, Jacobsen is not #5. HCGM is #1 though in large part because of his recruiting.

T

...:cool:
                              The writer's biggest mistake is "ranking the coaches" and not the teams as to the criteria. Like I suspected, the ranking is not based on a coach's recruiting history or his success on the court. As @RussDaBus: provided, this is from his link:

"Our decisions were based on the recruiting talent that is coming in this year. In the event of a β€œtie”, we went with things such as the previous season record, conference champions, and regular season champions."

Comment

Working...
                              X