Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt B Tells Fans to Shut Up (My Paraphrase)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapshot9
    If the shot clock hits 27 or 28 seconds, something is wrong with my players, because it should not take that long to 'get set', and anyone that thinks so, I got a path for you, it's called the 'primrose garden' path.

Sure the offense has to get set, and you have to execute properly, but when the whole game is on the line with little time left, you have to make sure your execution has time to insure winning the game.
    The problem I see is blaming Gal for running the clock down to 27 - 28 seconds when Matt did it all the time as well. Whether you think it's right or not, it is what Coach wants and thus, it is what the point guard does. Sounds like you need to tell Coach about your "primrose garden" path. ;-)

Comment

I don't have to, he has already seen the results it produced in 'real time'.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333
        Originally posted by shockerfanmas
        no, but if the coach wants him to walk it up with 10 seconds left, and WSU down by 2, that is coaches decision, and he'll have to take the blame for it. Gal does what coach says, simple as that.
        Come on now... You could ask 1,000 coaches about that situation and I'm pretty sure none of them would be okay with walking the ball up the court...
        Could you go do that, go ask a 1,000 coaches and report back. Thanks.

Comment

One of the first things I noticed this season was Marshall's system of bringing the ball up slowly to allow the offense to get set. But my problem with this is why can't we get the ball past the half court line and then wait till the offense is set? We've had at least 2 10-second violations this year because the PG bobbled the ball near the line at the 27 second mark and couldn't recover in time to get it across the line. I don't like to question coaches' systems, but this one baffles me. I don't recall the last time we got a 10-second violation prior to this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BioShock
            But my problem with this is why can't we get the ball past the half court line and then wait till the offense is set?
            Possible five second calls when nobody is available to receive a pass?
            Avoid traps if 2-5 are busy getting into position and are not watching the point guard?
            Gregg just has had more success in the past with his system?

(I.E. I have no clue, just like you. :lol: )
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

This may take some time for me to get used to, as I have always enjoyed the style that Turgeon (and so many other coaches) used of getting the ball back inbounds and down the court as quickly as possible with the chance of catching the opposing team's D off balance.

Comment

Working...
              X