Mike Kennedy, a Shocker Treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Kennedy, a Shocker Treasure

1,400 consecutive broadcasts and counting. This is Cal Ripken kind of stuff. Through good years, bad years and everything in between, the man is a true pro and always there for Shocker Nation.

Mike is like a Shocker encyclopedia and dictionary that walks and talks Shocker basketball among the very top elite Div. 1 basketball announcers in the country.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

truly a nice guy, and while a bit of a homer, nothing like the hack Hanni at KU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        truly a nice guy, and while a bit of a homer, nothing like the hack Hanni at KU!!!!
        Truth. And while I realize it's an incredibly low bar, I have to say that Brian is actually a big improvement over Bob Davis. Bob would have strangled his mother for the KState job years ago. I can't fathom the money it would take for me to make that kind of leap...and don't say I'd do it for a million, because it's not even a second thought. Bob was awful and a turncoat. At least Hanni was born and raised a Hawk brown noser. Also, Hanni has raised a lot of money for pediatric cancer, and that gives even a Ku honk a pass in my book.

Comment

We are INCREDIBLY lucky to have MK. So many bigger places have far worse coverage on the radio.

There are things we probably need to upgrade on our media side, and radio coverage, but MK is a ****ing treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
            We are INCREDIBLY lucky to have MK. So many bigger places have far worse coverage on the radio.

There are things we probably need to upgrade on our media side, and radio coverage, but MK is a ****ing treasure.
            MK is a pros pro. I just wish we could upgrade the equipment from the Cheese Johnson era.

Comment

For the Saint Louis game he apologized for leaving the pre- game interview with HCPM back in his hotel room.

Comment

I am certainly biased. Mike is a dear friend of over 40 years. Nobody is perfect but Mike is truly a treasure of a person beyond that of a quality broadcaster. He is touted by many famous broadcasters I won’t even begin to mention. He grew up a Shocker fan and has been grateful since the late 70’s to have called over 1,400 Shocker games. I know some can become frustrated with his bias towards the Shockers and the nuances of the game and being the voice of the home team, but trust me when I say there are no other alternatives in the universe we would trade him for. Let’s enjoy this treasure because we don’t know what tomorrow brings. Go Mike Kennedy and GO SHOX!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                  I am certainly biased. Mike is a dear friend of over 40 years. Nobody is perfect but Mike is truly a treasure of a person beyond that of a quality broadcaster. He is touted by many famous broadcasters I won’t even begin to mention. He grew up a Shocker fan and has been grateful since the late 70’s to have called over 1,400 Shocker games. I know some can become frustrated with his bias towards the Shockers and the nuances of the game and being the voice of the home team, but trust me when I say there are no other alternatives in the universe we would trade him for. Let’s enjoy this treasure because we don’t know what tomorrow brings. Go Mike Kennedy and GO SHOX!!!
                  Every college team has a "voice of their team" who is always bias and pumps a little sunshine on even the dark nights. It's their job. So if someone doesn't like it, they should just listen to the national guys who know little to nothing about the Shox.

I always liked Kennedy. He has alot of knowledge especially about Shox history.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                    Here here!!

Comment

My wife Patricia went to school with Mike and said he was just as sharp and smart then as he is now. I could see he was going to do something that most people can’t. Great friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Here here!!
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Somewhat related: Does anyone have the audio of RDR calling in and apologizing for choosing the shox opponent in pickem? That was probably the most uncomfortable I’ve heard MK on the air.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            Somewhat related: Does anyone have the audio of RDR calling in and apologizing for choosing the shox opponent in pickem? That was probably the most uncomfortable I’ve heard MK on the air.
                            It would have been 3G’s show on Monday after last Creighton home game in 2013…in case that audio still exists.

78-65

Comment

Hi Mike Kenndy , is Joerg. I am #thank on you for all hard work make#Shox fan see game on radio. 1400 game??? Wowwww.

Go Shox, Happy Thanks Day for 3 thing: Shox friens,burbon drink, Shox game, and Mike Kenndy.

Thanks is Joerg

Comment

Working...
                              X