• Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    replied
    Our defense is getting soft.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Or ... maybe that's HCPM's new nickname ... Dr. ISO.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Much better passing today than we have done all year.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    We could always rebrand to the Wichita ISO

Leave a comment:

• Ta Town Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Hard to get assists when the team is 1/10 from 3. Kicking out to an open shooter is not a good strategy for this team. I wonder if Rogers was used at Siena the way Simmins used his hot shooter at Evansville. It seems like he would fit into a scheme where he was getting a lot screens and a lot of open kickouts, rather than Mills' game plans.
    As fate would have it, Rogers catches one coming off a screen and drains it.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Hard to get assists when the team is 1/10 from 3. Kicking out to an open shooter is not a good strategy for this team. I wonder if Rogers was used at Siena the way Simmins used his hot shooter at Evansville. It seems like he would fit into a scheme where he was getting a lot screens and a lot of open kickouts, rather than Mills' game plans.

Leave a comment:

• Woodrow
    replied
    Up by 14 and we shot 10% from 3. I like our chances.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Saint Louis Billikens NCAAM game from November 19, 2023 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    St. Lu. Will shoot better this half. That's okay if the Shocks take wise shots and utilize our inside game. DR will start hitting shots the 2nd half. Joy and Germany did pretty good and by AAC time, we will need them with some time on the floor now.

Leave a comment:

• Ta Town Shocker
    replied
    SLU couldn't do better than Travis Ford, surprising.

I was very critical of the performance on Friday and came into tonight not expecting anything. The team has come out and played well. They deserve credit for the way they've responded.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Joy had 3 steals in 15 minutes. He's fast and can dribble while sprinting. He could be good for some atomic bomb steals on the perimeter. He does have a fairly quick trigger from 3. He's a guy who could really benefit from the semester break.

the amazing stat is that the lead actually grew when Germany and Joy were both in the game. Wasn't expecting that, but then they don't have tired legfs from two games in 3 days.

I think we're starting to see why Ridgnal didn't get starter minutes at his previous schools. Consistency doesn't seem to be one of his strengths.
    7 rebounds though....there is always time for a player who rebounds like that.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Joy had 3 steals in 15 minutes. He's fast and can dribble while sprinting. He could be good for some atomic bomb steals on the perimeter. He does have a fairly quick trigger from 3. He's a guy who could really benefit from the semester break.

the amazing stat is that the lead actually grew when Germany and Joy were both in the game. Wasn't expecting that, but then they don't have tired legfs from two games in 3 days.

I think we're starting to see why Ridgnal didn't get starter minutes at his previous schools. Consistency doesn't seem to be one of his strengths.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Bad fish?
    Bad turnover.

Leave a comment:

• jcdshocker
    replied
    Bell looks like he is driving under control. He can score in the paint. However our only assist is from Kenny to Quincy. I would like to see more. We are passing better though.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The one assist is still concerning to me. And that was in the first couple of possessions.

I grew up running the point and assists and A:TO ratio will always matter to me. 1:6 is still very unpleasant to see
    Yeah, was just trying to stay positive. Lmao

And the only assist is from Pohto....

We may end up with LESS assists than we had in the Liberty game.....

But that is who this team is gonna be I am afraid, without a PG. Unless the light comes on for one of our current guards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X