No announcement yet.

Myrtle Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winning 3 games in 4 days using 7 players would be astonishing.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      If we can't beat CC in game one it will be a long LONG season. Should be able to hold minutes down to 22-23 for our top seven in doing so. I think 3-0 is roughly 40-45% probable.
      1. Yes

2. Our top 7 got 19-27 minutes vs Friends, so I don't expect minutes to be held down much at all.

3. Game 2 will be tough to say the least. Game 3 is a crapshoot. 3-0 is less than 25% imho.

Comment

if we win game two I will be reevaluating my prediction for the season. I really don't think it's gonna happen.

Comment

3-0 Unlikely
          2-1 would be really nice and is what i'm hoping for
          1-2 probably realistic depending on who we draw and how much legs we have left by game 3
          0-3 unacceptable

Comment

RH: "There's A Number Of Areas To Tighten Up"

Wichita State coach Paul Mills wanted three games of information before taking Wichita State on the road to a tournament. Squeezing in an opponent on a Sunday afternoon wasn't easy, so he appreciated Friends University making the seven-mile trip to Koch Arena after playing at 4 p.m. Saturday.

"There's a number of areas to tighten up," Mills said after Sunday's 95-65 win over the Falcons. "What you're trying to do is get clarity on, not only roles, but what efficiency looks like offensively and defensively. Then we get three days to practice."

Mills is working with limited numbers, so many roles fell quickly into place. The three games reveal that the Shockers are versatile enough to play big or small and their defensive numbers are solid. They can score off sets, inbound plays and adjust to take advantage of mismatches and circumstances.

"Players are very aware that paint-touch threes translate well to efficiency," Mills said.

Ridgnal, who is battling back pain, and Abidde come off the bench to give the Shockers bounce, hustle and shooting. Ridgnal averages 8.7 rebounds a game and fans quickly picked up on his effort. Abidde can makes threes, back down smaller opponents, and score on floaters.

"(Ridgnal) can rebound with the best of them," Mills said. "They're so interchangeable, and they can still keep the floor spread. A lot of times you can't say that about people off the bench with their size."

Hearing that Dalen is dealing with back pain is more than a bit concerning considering how hard Dalen plays and how thin the Shocks are. Got my fingers and toes crossed that doesn't become a more serious issue that.limits or eliminates his playing time..

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

1. Yes

2. Our top 7 got 19-27 minutes vs Friends, so I don't expect minutes to be held down much at all.

3. Game 2 will be tough to say the least. Game 3 is a crapshoot. 3-0 is less than 25% imho.
              Hmmmmm, I have a lot of respect for your posts so I will agree with your assessment here. 20% is probably more like it. Now, if they go 3-0 remember who initially gave us that 40% chance.

Comment

We're bringing home a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  We're bringing home a championship.
                  Hey man, I'm with you. I know we have huge warts and all, but I'm enjoying watching this crew. Until we get punched in the face I'm all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Hey man, I'm with you. I know we have huge warts and all, but I'm enjoying watching this crew. Until we get punched in the face I'm all in.

Comment

This weekend will be great for HCPM to further teach his players what he expects from each of them. The linked article speaks to the three point defense the Shocks displayed against WKU and because Coastal Carolina tends to rely on the three point shot I would expect a fairly easy win Thursday. Taking on the winner of Furman/Liberty is going to be the biggest challenge of the weekend. I’d say we go 2-1 and gain a much better understanding of what this team is, which I believe is a work in progress.

Comment

Once again, if I was sharp enough to cut/paste the picture…

but for those going, who aren’t with or taking the Alumni Assoc ground tport, there will be free parking and shuttle service from parking lots GG and YY on Coastal Carolina’s campus. Not much parking near the HTC Center.

Comment

Realistically 1 - 2
                          Hopefully 2-1

Comment

Uhm…wouldn’t all the teams that play on Sunday have to worry about their legs?

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                              Uhm…wouldn’t all the teams that play on Sunday have to worry about their legs?
                              Depends on how deep the opponent is, doesn't it?

Shox: 5 positions * 80 minutes / 7 players = avg 57 minutes per player going into Game 3.

Opponent could have 5 * 80 / 10 players = avg 40 minutes per player, if they go 10 deep. Almost an entire half of basketball less worn out.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Depends on how deep the opponent is, doesn't it?

Shox: 5 positions * 80 minutes / 7 players = avg 57 minutes per player going into Game 3.

Opponent could have 5 * 80 / 10 players = avg 40 minutes per player, if they go 10 deep. Almost an entire half of basketball less worn out.
                                Liberty is playing 7 players
                                Furman is playing 8-9 players
                                STL - 8 players
                                Vermont - 9 players
                                Wyoming - 7 players

Comment

Working...
                                X