Dahl broadcasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dahl broadcasting

Is Dave Dahl returning for the 2012-2013 season?

Can you be a broadcaster and a Judge at the same time? I'm thinking the courts wouldn't like that but if there are no rules against it and he wins then I guess he could.

Comment

Since he only works home games I can't see why he couldn't return.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

The original concern was the unfair access to radio in the campaign. If he's not campaigning it shouldn't be an issue.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Frankly, I preferred the replacement dude whose name escapes me.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            Frankly, I preferred the replacement dude whose name escapes me.
            Bob Hull (Mr. Cindy Close)?

Comment

My guess is that Dave will not return to broadcasting.

Comment

The replacement was Bob Hull.

Comment

Yes, Hull. An upgrade and nice counterbalance to Kennedy's excitedness.

Comment

RULE 3.1
                    Extrajudicial Activities in General

A judge may engage in extrajudicial activities, except as prohibited by law or this Code. However, when engaging in extrajudicial activities, a judge shall not:

(A) participate in activities that will interfere with the proper performance of the judge’s judicial duties;

(B) participate in activities that will lead to frequent disqualification of the judge;

(C) participate in activities that would appear to a reasonable person to undermine the judge’s independence, integrity, or impartiality; or demean the judicial office; or

(D) engage in conduct that would appear to a reasonable person to be coercive.
                    RULE 3.12
                    Compensation for Extrajudicial Activities

A judge may accept reasonable compensation for extrajudicial activities permitted by this Code or other law unless such acceptance would appear to a reasonable person to undermine the judge’s independence, integrity, or impartiality.

COMMENT

[1] A judge is permitted to accept honoraria, stipends, fees, wages, salaries, royalties, or other compensation for speaking, teaching, writing, and other extrajudicial activities, provided the compensation is reasonable, commensurate with the task performed, and does not exceed what a person who is not a judge would receive for the same activity. The judge should be mindful, however, that judicial duties must take precedence over other activities. See Rule 2.1.

[2] Compensation derived from extrajudicial activities may be subject to public reporting. See Rule 3.15.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Dahl's not perfect but how can you not like him. He is a shocker through and through and he does a good job. I don't have a problem with either Hull or Dahl.

Comment

I can't see where brodcasting WSU basketball would cause a problem for a judge. His prior association with WSU would already remove him from presiding over any actions involving WSU, or any affiliated parties. The same goes for BGM (??) Sports Marketing and any actions involving the staff of the WSU athletic department, and probably any staff of WSU. He's not going to add anything to the list of cases he can't judge by broadcasting WSU basketball.

He'd still have the radio problem every time he was up for re-election. Isn't that every other year? Plus, broadcasting could open a door for lawyers to challenge his presiding over any case involving a SASO member, WSU booster, an advertiser, and the list goes on and on as lawyers exercise their imgination if they want another judge.

I 3expect we've heard the last of Dahl's keys to the game.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

An undeniable trend...

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                          Yes, Hull. An upgrade and nice counterbalance to Kennedy's excitedness.
                          Fortunately, just like game time player selections, you are not in charge of making this decision.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                            Fortunately, just like game time player selections, you are not in charge of making this decision.
                            You are a riot.

Comment

I like them both. Although I find Hull a bit more on point in terms of basketball nuts and bolts (during the game at any rate) and Dahl a bit too ready to subordinate his view to Kennedy, I love Dahl's geeky sense of humor and enthusiasm. Plus Dahl really does his research as shown by his keys. Hull's keys seem to always include defense and intensity, which doesn't add too much to the discussion.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X