No announcement yet.

Positives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been intrigued by Hatch. Also besides being a Shocker fan, I'm an Arizona fan and had season tickets for Lutes first ten years. I've seen what a guard that isn't as athletic as as some would like,is capable of. I think Steve Kerr still has the highest 3 point percentage ever in the NBA. He's my favorite guard that ever played at Arizona. No, I'm not saying he will ever be as good as Kerr, but just because he isn't as fast as some of the other Shockers, doesn't mean he can't be a big contribution to the team.

Comment

Considering MB was the Shockers only expereinced true PG, I think the Shockers are doing as good as anybody could expect. Better actually. The PG position is the most critical position on a college team. It's importance is magnified even more so on a team that is learning a new system. Gal Mekel is now forced to be the PG. Not only is he still learning the American style of play, he is trying to learn CGM system and the PG postion, all three at the same time. I hate moral victories as much as anybody, but fans ought to take their hats off to the team for doing as well as they did last night.

Comment

I agree on the defense. We did a nice job with the press of getting Creighton off balance and many times forced them to make mistakes. That's their immaturity showing too, but we did a good job on that. Ramon, while not his usual rebaounding self, had some nice steals particularly early in the game.

Comment

The thing with having Hatch in the game is that he at least gives us the threat of a perimeter score, which in and of itself can open up the inside a little more.

The one reason we are playing so much zone, I believe is to try to hide or cover some of the defensive liabities.

Generally, you man up if you believe you have physical superiority. You zone if you don't. Shocks have been playing a lot of zone this year.

Of course, some Coaches are just zone coaches. I don't think that's the case with HCGM, although I think he would like to throw a mix of defenses at a team and I think down the road (next year and beyond), we will see more and more of that approach.

Comment

I still believe Mantas Griskenas is capable of giving us a perimeter threat if the guy will just start looking for his shot more.

The long 3 he hit to tie the game at 63 was a thing of beauty and looked pretty effortless from 25 feet or so. The think about it is that he did not really have a lot of time to think about it.

Also they say he fills it up in practice.

I think there is more from where that came from.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              I still believe Mantas Griskenas is capable of giving us a perimeter threat if the guy will just start looking for his shot more.

The long 3 he hit to tie the game at 63 was a thing of beauty and looked pretty effortless from 25 feet or so. The think about it is that he did not really have a lot of time to think about it.

Also they say he fills it up in practice.

I think there is more from where that came from.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:
              several times on several occasions, I wish the Shocks would just let a THREE FLY. One example is ummmm, on the last possession of the 1st half. Instead we turn the ball over and the Jay hit a deuce. I wish we would trust our shot and just shoot. STOP THINKING and just play the game you love and work on everyday.
              ________
              How To Make A Vaporizer
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
                several times on several occasions, I wish the Shocks would just let a THREE FLY. One example is ummmm, on the last possession of the 1st half. Instead we turn the ball over and the Jay hit a deuce. I wish we would trust our shot and just shoot. STOP THINKING and just play the game you love and work on everyday.
                Have you seen our three-point stats over the course of the season?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

[quote="WuDrWu"]
                  Originally posted by t7017s

Isn't the fastest guy is an understatement. He also is a terrible defensive liability right now but not like JT is a terrible liability. GH just doesn't have the tools. If you look back you'll notice that once Hatch hit his 1st three, Dana made sure they guarded him tight and there were no more open looks. Hatch should expect that the rest of the season. We just don't have the guns to force the other team to react to multiple threats.
                  Except for his next two, perhaps????????
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

[quote="im4wsu"]
                    Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    Originally posted by t7017s

Isn't the fastest guy is an understatement. He also is a terrible defensive liability right now but not like JT is a terrible liability. GH just doesn't have the tools. If you look back you'll notice that once Hatch hit his 1st three, Dana made sure they guarded him tight and there were no more open looks. Hatch should expect that the rest of the season. We just don't have the guns to force the other team to react to multiple threats.
                    Except for his next two, perhaps????????
                    I didnt say that for the record. Even though for some reason its credited to me. wudrwu wrote that.

Comment

I am hoping that GH could go through a body and shape change prior to next season much like JT Durley went thru this past summer so by next year he could be a more effect defensive player. Durley changed his shape enough that maybe there is a possibility for GH. The other thing that GH does that we really need this year is firmly pass the ball into the post.

FWIW, I think he maybe a keeper.

Comment

I totally disagree about GH needing to rework his body. I can’t remember if it was Mike Kennedy or CGM who described him as built like a linebacker. I think you’re confusing physical condition with athleticism.

Comment

Working...
                        X