Schedule With Times and TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(deep breath)

Just got off the phone with the ticket office. Yup, we are now season ticket holders! I’m so effing ready!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      (deep breath)

Just got off the phone with the ticket office. Yup, we are now season ticket holders! I’m so effing ready!
      Good for you! You’ll have lots of fun!

(And if your wife and daughter can’t join you, you have my number.)

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Good for you! You’ll have lots of fun!

(And if your wife and daughter can’t join you, you have my number.)
        Absolutely!

Comment

There appears to be 13 non -con games. After scrutinizing our foes rosters, I'm guessing the Shocks could be around 8-5 to 7-6 if we establish solid teamwork early. If I am close, we should win 17-18 games before the AAC tourney. The following Season should be more improved if we can keep our best players here.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            There appears to be 13 non -con games. After scrutinizing our foes rosters, I'm guessing the Shocks could be around 8-5 to 7-6 if we establish solid teamwork early. If I am close, we should win 17-18 games before the AAC tourney. The following Season should be more improved if we can keep our best players here.
            That's a good read Forever! I'll up it a bit with your assertion of "establish solid teamwork early" and then of course staying healthy to 20 to 22 wins before AAC tourney...but I think you're right on brother!

Go SHOX!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              (deep breath)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Nm, link didn't work.
                Learn about HP laptops, pc desktops, printers, accessories and more at the Official HP® Website.
                Last edited by Atxshoxfan; October 6, 2023, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Wichita State Athletics has announced a variety of men's basketball mini plans for the 2023-24 season.

Comment

I like the effort to bring fans in at different price points...but the cynical part of me knows that I could just wait it out on StubHub and buy tickets on gameday for less than this.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I like the effort to bring fans in at different price points...but the cynical part of me knows that I could just wait it out on StubHub and buy tickets on gameday for less than this.
                      No doubt. And that is a tough nut for WSU to crack. The ultimate answer is to drive demand for season tickets onward and upward with success on the court. But even then I sense there has been a fundamental change in how sports fans consume their athletic entertainment.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 10, 2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

No doubt. And that is a tough nut for WSU to crack. The ultimate answer is to drive demand for season tickets onward and upward with success on the court. But event then I sense there has been a fundamental change in how sports fans consume their athletic entertainment.
                        Off topic but eventually on topic, I promise: I asked a Red Sox friend of mine if Fenway will ever be replaced...like ever ever. He conceded that it eventually could happen but not in our lifetime. He did say though that due to how fans attend live sporting events, he thought that Fenway could eventually be considered too big (as opposed to too small since, at least at one point, Fenway was one of the smaller MLB ballparks).

I remember when people on here wanted CKA expanded to 12-13k seats. I was like, "Oh, hell no!," figuring that once Shocker Basketball fell backwards a little bit, our attendance would take an irreparable hit. We might have individual games sell out here and there, but I don't think we will ever see sold-out season tickets again. Too many people have figured out what I have about piecing together tickets to the games that they really want to attend.
                        78-65

Comment

Working...
                        X