Pohto Takes On Role As Team Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pohto Takes On Role As Team Leader

Article in the Eagle today discusses how Pohto is adapting to his role as team leader. Mills says he doing it by example by doing the right things the right way. Also mentions that his shot is falling from 3.

You can open the link in a private or incognito window without a subscription.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Also, here is a a link to the article that is not behind a pay wall:

https://news.yahoo.com/time-lead-ken...hssrp_catchall

Definitely an encouraging article.

Comment

Paul Suellentrop hitting on the same theme with Kenny:

RH: Pohto Takes on More Leadership as Junior

"I've been trying to be the main guy, be a leader," he said. "We are having a lot of fun. The new coaching staff is great. We're going to win games."

Comment

A lot of guys have hit a lot, and I mean a lot of shots in practice(s) over the years, even going back to GM. I am really looking forward to some of them going in during a game.

Really hope to have a consistent 3 point maker this season. Or a couple of 3 ball makers. I'm not picky. Like to see it start with one guy and spread like the bubonic plague among the team.

Comment

With KP and Germany, I'm hoping for some double/doubles. I'm also hoping that Q. Ballard is healthy and improved. If so, we might have the "Shocker ballad of triple towers?"
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
            A lot of guys have hit a lot, and I mean a lot of shots in practice(s) over the years, even going back to GM. I am really looking forward to some of them going in during a game.

Really hope to have a consistent 3 point maker this season. Or a couple of 3 ball makers. I'm not picky. Like to see it start with one guy and spread like the bubonic plague among the team.
            If hitting shots is a matter of confidence, then the last couple years of the Marshall era and ALL of the IB era was not instilling confidence in shooters. I think Mills has a different approach to interactions with players and may be able to give them the confidence they need to be more productive in games.

Mills has said that at ORU he intended to lead the nation in dunks. Instead he was among the national leaders in 3's. That's the formula for a fairly high-scoring offense that thrives on drive-and-dish to a 3 shooter. Or drive and dunk. To me, that looks like a "player's game". The players can be dawgs within the framework of the offense instead of being dawgs in iso situations.

I'm anticipating an offense where Pohto and Rogers have to be guarded on the 3 line, Beverly and Bijan drive to the basket, and Germany screens one defender on the drives. If Beverly and Bijan can be even respectable from 3, that's an offense that can be hard to stop.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
            X