2012-13 Uniform discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-13 Uniform discussion

I figure it will come up eventually, so I'll just go ahead and make this thread. Do you think we go with Grey again? Go back to Black only?
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

I'm sure they'll keep the gray, but they'll bring back the black after last year. I really don't care if we have 4 colors. It doesn't hurt anything. But taking away the black was not a wise decision. And personally, the blacks are my favorite. Followed by the gold, then the gray/white.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think the Blacks should be used as our away uni's, all the time. Rotate the grey in with the white, if the NCAA allows that, which I'm 99% sure they do.

All black = bad boys of the valley. Knock some heads off.

Comment

gray sucks

Comment

I don't like the gray/grey uniforms either. In fact, I am going to call into Coach Marshall's first "Radio Show" and tell him that who ever picked out these crappy colored gray/grey uniforms should be tar'd and feather, then ran out of Wichita on a GrayHound/GreyHound bus.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            I don't like the gray/grey uniforms either. In fact, I am going to call into Coach Marshall's first "Radio Show" and tell him that who ever picked out these crappy colored gray/grey uniforms should be tar'd and feather, then ran out of Wichita on a GrayHound/GreyHound bus.
            So you want to tar and feather Coach Marshall and run him out of Wichita?
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I agree with the 4 colors being cool. I like them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Gray pants/black shirt/white piping/gold numerals. Yeah, sounds perfect.:applouse:
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  Gray pants/black shirt/white piping/gold numerals. Yeah, sounds perfect.:applouse:
                  Hahaha, well fortunately 3 of the 4 colors are neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    My only beef was not having a black option, just in case we felt the need to show some worthless program we were badass.

Comment

The players all love the gray/grey uni's. The little guy flying through the air with a ball out stretched on them has a lot to do with that!
                      I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        My only beef was not having a black option, just in case we felt the need to show some worthless program we were badass.
                        Yeah, I miss the blacks too. But saying the greys suck just to whine to get the blacks back isn't the answer IMO. Not all people were doing that -- some genuinely just don't like the greys regardless what the other uniforms are (such as @pinstripers:).

Of course some people still want those short-shorts with the twig and berries hanging out of 'em instead of the pajamas-aka-window-drapes that we have today. This is one of those rare situation where compromise would actually be the optimal solution. But I am completely digressing.

I think it'd be funny if the NCAA were to adopt a policy like they had in highschool moons ago where tatoos had to be covered.

Comment

I wouldn't get rid of the greys....I love the greys. I'd rather wear grey than white.

Comment

They need to bring back the black. Beyond that I really don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I wouldn't get rid of the greys....I love the greys. I'd rather wear grey than white.
                              That was my thought. If the coaches and players really love the grey unis, which I know they do, then just substitute them for the majority of the time at home. I think the Black uniforms are the absolute best option we have.

It's always funny to me, because teams who's primary color isn't black, always hope and pray to see their team in an alternate black uniform..... because they look bad ass. We can wear black every away game, and we find a way to not wear it.

Comment

Working...
                              X