News on Joe Ragland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on Joe Ragland

Thought he deserved his own thread. He is playing awesome right now. I believe he started today with Klay Thompson and Dramond Green and Harrison Barnes. 2 steals and a few pts. Looks like a pro out there. Real legit.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Didn't start -- but has played almost the entire 2nd quarter and got more time with the first team than in the first game. I agree: He looks very comfortable out there and is playing great defense.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for making a thread. I have been wondering how he is doing.

Comment

11 pts. Really nice sequence of scoring -- including a pull up three in transition -- working against the PAC-12 POY and Defensive POY Jorge Gutierrez. Also was a pest in the passing lanes deflecting passes.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Out of the three, I think Joe will stick the fastest. Tourè looked a lot like Garrett. Late diagnosing plays, and all together trying to hard. Joe looks like he has been doing it a while. Very quick precise movement with the ball and over all very reliable. I don't know if Golden State is the right place for him with Curry and Jarrett Jack, but he will be on a roster somewhere.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

ESPN said this about Toure, highlighting 3 players on every roster:
              Toure Murry: For every Anthony Davis, there are a dozen Toure Murrys -- players who went undrafted out of mid-major schools such as Wichita State who don't have a Wikipedia page and who show fewer than 700 Twitter followers. For these guys, the thrill of putting on an NBA uniform, if only for a week, and competing for a spot at an NBA training camp in September is a thrill.

Comment

Hey wingding, if you would copy that post and delete it, a Tourè thread looks necessary.

Comment

Rags looked really good today,he got his chance and took advantage.Garrett got his chance and was clearly overmatched.Toure will get his look and I'm holding off until I see more.Reports from lakernation.com say the coaches are not happy with their summer league guard play, that tells me the door is wide open for a player like Toure to make a mark.

Comment

The Lakers summer team looks pretty bad from what I have seen thusfar.

Comment

Joe is on one of the best teams. They get it, and get after it.

Comment

Ragland should get more playing time. It was said that Thompson and Jenkins have proven themselves in the first 2 games and probably won't play anymore summer ball.

Comment

Thompson was there to show rookies the ropes. He showed up on his own and asked to play. Said he wanted to to get a feel for harrison Barnes.

Comment

Lakernation.com say Murry to get a start tomorrow.

Comment

Joe Ragz just checked in

Comment

Working...
                              X