MSU's Jamar Gulley Out For 2012-13 With ACL Tear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU's Jamar Gulley Out For 2012-13 With ACL Tear

Bad news for Missouri State as Senior Jamar Gulley tore the ACL in his right knee in a summer league game and is out for the 2012-13 season. MSU was already facing a difficult chore in replacing Weems and Patterson.

Springfield, Missouri News - News-Leader.com is the home page for the Springfield, Mo., News-Leader with in-depth local news, sports and entertainment

They just went from bad to worse. I'm not sure if they'll be any better than BU or SIU
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nice player, awful break. Hopefully he'll be able to regain complete athleticism and complete whatever he wants to in sports.

Comment

Crap. I hate stuff like that. It's unfortunate. Hopefully, there won't be any more this year.

Comment

This will pretty much put the weight of the Bears on the shoulders of 6' senior guard Anthony Downing. Not sure how far the kid from Atchison can carry them.

Good luck to Jamar with his surgery and recovery.

Comment

Hate seeing guys go down with bad injuries like that, especially as a senior. Speedy recovery for Gulley.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Whats going on here? All these well wishing comments, someone that wasn't familiar with this site would think you were a bunch of tree hugging liberals.

Comment

haha yeah...well once a guy gets hit with that situation it becomes about something entirely other than competition. for me, i feel for the player because injuries like that can be borderline career ending if they never get it back together and you've almost got to give them some love. i hate MSU. i just always want to win fair and square. i want them to be able to give us their best when we beat them. there's also the whole valley needing to be strong thing...although MSU probably wasn't going to be much help even with him. its pretty easy to extend some love when you know they are going to be last place now.

Comment

I've suffered this injury and it blows. The rehab is terrible, and that's JUST to get back to a normal life to walk without a limp and pain. I can't imagine what it's like for a D1 athlete.

I wish the young man well and hope for a full recovery and pain free life.

Comment

If anything happens to a knee and something tears inside there, the person is never the same. Never. And in the rare possibility that the person has the best surgeon, and rehab on the planet, the chance of reinjury is still there.

Senior year, the guy will never play like he did. It's sad.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X