Team Nigeria Says Thank You !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Nigeria Says Thank You !!!

Just letting you know that one of your Coaches, Dominic Okon is currently on the coaching staff that guided Nigeria to their first ever Olympics tournament. Additonally I am asware that Wichita state have two Nigerian on their roster, Ehimen Orukpe and Henry Uwadie. Thanks for the support guys, and you can follow Team Nigeria here.

Ps wouldI be ableto get some info to what you expect from both Uwadie and Orukpe so that I can update my blog.

That is awesome! Although I don't know if Henry is going to make it here or not. Hope he does though.

Comment

Coach Okon will be in London....it's a great day to be a Shocker.

Comment

On their way to qualifying for the Olympics, Nigeria beat Lithuania, and Lithuania ain't chumps at basketball.

Too bad it's harder to get a transcript out of Nigeria than a basketball team.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Thanksguys, I dont understand, is Henry Uwadie not a Shocker yet ?

Comment

Henry Uwadie has not yet academically qualified. There is a NCAA clearinghouse that makes sure entering college athletes meet a series of academic qualifications. Henry's case is complicated by the fact that he went to several different schools. Unfortunately it looks increasingly likely that he won't make it here for next year, although we all hope very much that he does.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I don't think we really know for sure what Henry's status is. I believe it's a guess that he is not qualified. We do know he is not on campus although he was here a couple of days earlier this summer for what we think was his official visit. Perhaps @Rotela: is in a better position then us to find out what the situation is.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Nigeria wins their first Olympic game. Probably tough to get out of that group, but that's a nice accomplishment.

Visit NBCOlympics.com for Summer Paralympics live streams, highlights, schedules, news, athlete bios and more from Milan Cortina 2026.

Comment

Nigeria is currently playing the USA on Cox channels 257, 2257, 2111.

Not much of a contest right now. 13-0 USA.

Comment

USA is on pace to score 196 points. 49-25 after 1st Qtr. USA is 11-14 from 3. Wow!

Comment

They ended up only scoring 156, which was still an Olympic record. Final 156-73.
                      Last edited by 1979Shocker; August 2, 2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

The margin was larger than Nigeria's point total?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I sure didnt mind seeing Tony 'NutPuncher' Skinn and Champ Oguchi getting their lunch handed to them.
                          YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Working...
                          X