Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers playing in the NBA Summer League - Schedules

Schedules for the three Shockers in summer leagues:
    Stutz will play for the Nets in Orlando and Minnesota in Las Vegas. In Vegas, Murry, will play for the Lakers and Ragland, will play for Golden State.

Nets (Orlando) – July 9 vs. Orlando (10 a.m); July 10 vs. Boston (4 p.m.); July 11 vs. Philadelphia (2 p.m.); July 12 vs. OKC (noon); July 13 vs. Indiana (1 p.m.)

Timberwolves (Las Vegas) – July 16 vs. Clippers (9 p.m.); vs. Charlotte (9:30 p.m.); July 19 vs. Cleveland (7 p.m.); July 21 vs. D-League (7 p.m.); July 22 vs. Memphis (7 p.m.)

Toure Murry

Lakers (Las Vegas) – July 13 vs. Golden State (7 p.m.); July 16 vs. Miami (7:30 p.m.); July 17 vs. San Antonio (5:30 p.m.); July 19 vs. Clippers (7:30 p.m.)

Joe Ragland

Warriors (Las Vegas) – July 13 vs. Lakers (7 p.m.); July 14 vs. Denver (5 p.m.); July 18 vs. Miami (9:30 p.m.); July 20 vs. Chicago (7:30 p.m.); July 21 vs. New Orleans (5:30 p.m.)

Courtesy of DJ Fisher (Defining Sports)
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Watching the Nets game now. No Stutz.

First summer league game I've ever watched, and I'd have to describe the pace as withering. Very few subs, very few calls, everybody crashing the boards and running the break. Also very entertaining - college passion with next level athleticism.

Comment

Another DNP for Stutz today. Either he is hurt, or the Nets appear to be wasting his time.

"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

I do know that Stutz was having a small problem with an injury prior to the draft. I want to say it was a hamstring or a quad. Could be part of the reason.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Per his twitter account, Garrett flew to Minnesota yesterday to join the Timberwolves team for Las Vegas prep. No need to watch the Nets today at 1 p.m.

Garrett Stutz@Gstutz41
          On my way to Minnesota. Looking forward to a better opportunity in Vegas summer league haven't played in front of fans in a long long time.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Ragland played most of the 2nd quarter. Looked good. One layup attempt. Managed the game and did not turn it over. No time for Toure.

Comment

Halftime of the Warriors - Lakers game, Warriors are up 15 or so at the half.

No sign of Toure yet. Ragland played a majority of the second half and completely shut down Goudelock with really nice defense and was really bothering him. Kyle Weems came in, and Ragland showed even more excellence by not passing him the ball. Weems not looking so good on D...

Hoping to see some Toure in the second half, especially with the Lakers getting killed like this. Ragland is 0 for 2, one of the shots was a really long three cause of a tipped pass (a mistake by his teammate), the other was a nice look when he broke down the defense with a little running shot but it was a little long. Hasn't really made any mistakes yet.

Comment

Warriors won by 41 (not a typo). Ragland played the first half of the 4th quarter, Toure played the second half of the 4th quarter.

Ragland made a really nice defensive play and was called a "true elite guard" by one of the commentators. After watching some games so far, he looks really calm and collected compared to most of the PG's in these summer leagues. Granted, it's hard to look bad when you're winning by so much. Had a SICK no look pass for an alley oop that almost worked, but his teammate wasn't ready for it. Video showed him talking to Kyle Weems on the bench later on, seemed to be nice to each other. Weems made no gestures the entire game, believe it or not.

Toure did okay. Took a bad shot but also made a really nice backdoor cut for an easy layup. They had him playing SG and then some PG later on. Made another nice drive to the basket and got fouled, but missed both FT's. Seemed to lose his man a few times on defense. On the other hand, it's probably hard to look good when you come into the game with your team down 40.

Comment

Chris Jans will be on the Game Plan on KGSO this morning around 7:30 talking about the NBA Summer League.

Comment

What did he say? Didn't catch it.

Comment

Joe has probably been playing the best and getting the most minutes
                      #ShockerNation #GoShox #GoShockers Follow me on twitter @ColinMatthew21

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                        What did he say? Didn't catch it.
                        Here's the link.

Comment

From Twitter - "With the Boston Celtics for the rest of the summer league." -Gstutz41

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                            From Twitter - "With the Boston Celtics for the rest of the summer league." -Gstutz41
                            Hopefully we will hear some good news on him still. I thought he would have been playing a little more than he has.

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                              I guess I better set my DVR again.

Comment

Working...
                              X