Idea for what a fictional Koch Arena remodel should look like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for what a fictional Koch Arena remodel should look like

Anyone heard about the new Vegas Sphere? WSU would never dump $2 billion on sports, but that thing looks like something the Shockers should play in, on campus lol IMG_1872.png

From a plane it looks like a rabbit dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
      Anyone heard about the new Vegas Sphere? WSU would never dump $2 billion on sports, but that thing looks like something the Shockers should play in, on campus lol IMG_1872.png
      The screen on the outside of that is insane

Comment

Pretty cool! We're planning to go see U2 open up the place!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The inside sounds pretty cutting edge as well:

Concert goers will be able to see their artists perform live alongside the appeal of being surrounded by a 16K LED screen displaying augmented animations and also serve as a 360 JumboTron showing close-ups of performers

“The screen goes from ground to 250 feet high, all the way around,” Claffey said. “It keeps you fully immersed when you’re sitting in that bowl. I used to love IMAX in New York City, but this will blow that away.”

Aside from being a visual wonder, producers promise next-level audio for guests as the Sphere has over 160,000 speakers spread around the bowl. The venue will also offer 4-D experiences with seats that vibrate and wind machines.

One block east from the Vegas strip, the record-breaking Sphere sits at 366 feet tall and 516 feet wide. In addition to being the largest sphere, the bowl reportedly also has the largest LED lights with 1.2 million lights the size of hockey pucks.

The venue can seat nearly 18,000 people. A pedestrian walkway to the Venetian resort complex will connect the globe to the strip.

Hopefully, it's not like a string of Chrisrtmas tree light where if one goes out you lose the whole string.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            The inside sounds pretty cutting edge as well:

Concert goers will be able to see their artists perform live alongside the appeal of being surrounded by a 16K LED screen displaying augmented animations and also serve as a 360 JumboTron showing close-ups of performers

“The screen goes from ground to 250 feet high, all the way around,” Claffey said. “It keeps you fully immersed when you’re sitting in that bowl. I used to love IMAX in New York City, but this will blow that away.”

Aside from being a visual wonder, producers promise next-level audio for guests as the Sphere has over 160,000 speakers spread around the bowl. The venue will also offer 4-D experiences with seats that vibrate and wind machines.

One block east from the Vegas strip, the record-breaking Sphere sits at 366 feet tall and 516 feet wide. In addition to being the largest sphere, the bowl reportedly also has the largest LED lights with 1.2 million lights the size of hockey pucks.

The venue can seat nearly 18,000 people. A pedestrian walkway to the Venetian resort complex will connect the globe to the strip.

Hopefully, it's not like a string of Chrisrtmas tree light where if one goes out you lose the whole string.

Wonder how much motion sickness the 360 video will cause

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder how much motion sickness the 360 video will cause
              I must say I personally am not wild about the IMAX experience if it is anything like that. And if it's like that on steroids they may have sell dramamine and those motion sickness relief wrist bands at the concession stands.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 8, 2023, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I must say I personally am not wild about the IMAX experience if it is anything like that. And if it's like that on steroids they may have sell dramamine and those mostion sickness relief bands at the concession stands.
                IMAX is overrated.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

That is so Vegas
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Comment

Dayum! Now I need to reno my basement!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

driving into vegas last night.. the sphere looked amazing from Henderson. and to think that it about tanked msg

Comment

Working...
                          X