interesting lunch today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting lunch today

So I get a call last week to come look at a job for one of my clients. The guy that called me was a new hire for the company and I had never met him before. After walking the job down and talking about the scope and price, I took the guy to lunch. As the conversation moved along, i asked the guy where he went to school and he said Indiana State. Of course I immediately told him I am a shocker and he goes on to tell me that he played basketball for the Trees in the early 80s (81-84 I believe). His name is Mark Golden. Apparently he was the starting PF (or maybe C), because he went on to talk about playing against Carr, Livingston, and X. He told me of a particular game that they upset the Shockers and he was instrumental in getting Carr ejected. I couldn't believe when he told me that it was actually planned by the coach. Anyway, we talked for an hour about MVC basketball and it was great. Didn't know if anyone on here remembered him or that play.

yea I do remember that ejection...but the name Golden doesnt shower my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
      yea I do remember that ejection...but the name Golden doesnt shower my memory.
      I see what you did there..

T

...:cool:

Comment

I remember the upset, but no specifics (AC was ejected?). I also remember that when ISUb came back to Wichita for the return game, the Shockers put on a tomahawk-dunk exhibition.

Comment

He had nothing but praise for the shockers. He personally thought they were the best team in the country for those few years. It was fun just listening to him talk about playing back then. I will admit that I did not become aware to the shockers until the late 80s when my Dad moved to Wichita and I attend WSU in the late 90s. So I don't have any memories of those early 80s teams. Listening to him describe those teams (and the MVC in general) made me realize just how good they were.

Mark said he was a 4 year starter and averaged about 10pts/gm for his career. I would guess he was in the 6'7"-6'8" range.

Comment

If you Google him there are some pretty cool articles mentioning him. He put up some serious numbers. 32 points against Drake in one game, 20 points and 10 rebounds against Bradley.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
            X