Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a prediction

We are going undefeated in conference.

The last 3 seasons we have lost 6, 4, and 2 conference games respectively. We lost a lot of seniors, but what we have coming in to replace them are another level of player. Losing Ragland hurts, but with Armstead, FVV, and DWILL, we should be just fine on point. I don't think we will miss Stutz's production one second. I personally am happy I won't have to bang my fists against my head anymore when someone half Stutz's size owns him or forces him to commit silly fouls. The kid simply wasn't an athlete. We have too many tall, mobile athletes who can score in multiple ways to worry.

I love Carl Harl, but Carl is one dimensional offensively. His ceiling is limited. Several of the new recruits that I have watched in pickup are multidimensional .. true blue chippers. Their ceilings are limitless. Toure Murry was solid, but not exceptional. Wiggins is the player Toure wishes he could be. Kyles.... *sigh* ..unfortunately he won't be missed. Ben Smith brought his lunchbox to every game. He is a man. That said, we have more than enough fire-power to replace his production.. and his replacements are taller.

I'll tell you something else, either Wiggins or Early are going to the NBA. You can take that to the bank.

If EO gets his **** together, we could realistically have three players on our team right now that could make it to the NBA.

I am making this post at 1:46AM on a Fri.. Saturday morning. I am not totally drunk...... ........ .........

It's a great day to be a Shocker

T

...:cool:

Hey Cold, it is FSF that is supposed to be the eternal optimist around here. Are you messin with us on this bold but cold prediction? My prediction is different. 2nd in the Valley Race--but hark--we are playing Creighton at the Lu in the finals, down 2. With 1.8 seconds left to play, the ball comes into Wiggins who fumbles it. However, the shot clock remains off untill he picks up the ball back up. Sound familiar? Just before the horn sounds, He fires up a 3 and swish---all the way to the NC2A baby!!! God bless our beloved Shocks, God bless Cold and all of ShockerNet, and God bless America!!!!!!! It is now 8 a.m. in the morning and I must switch now to the good Doc's script of De-caf because the coffee is working overtime.
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; June 9, 2012, 11:27 AM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Bold prediction:

We win in Arch Madness. That is on top of my Demetric Williams First Team prediction.

Comment

I like the bold predictions that don't bash our beloved seniors. I like the optimism about our new guys, but don't bash our seniors who helped us win the NIT and the Valley

Comment

somebody is setting up for disappointment

Comment

The key will be the new players learning Marshall's system and meshing as a team.

The best teams don't always have the best individual athletes, but they do have team chemistry. Case in point the 2006 S16 team. Chemistry within this group will be key.

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

It's hard not to make bold predictions when you see these players in person. There is so much confidence and WINNER written all over them. These are not the "nice guys" we have grown accustomed to. Clee was right on when he said once the team finds a way to mesh all this talent they will be scary. Everybody on the floor wants the rock. HCGM said very early in his career at WSU that his type of player is confident bordering on cocky. Well, he has a stable full of 'em now.

The great thing about momma's boys is they don't get into trouble. The challenge with them is getting them to play with a killer (winning) attitude. Paul Miller is case-in-point on that issue. The challenge with some of these new players is going to be to get them to work together, especially since we are over-loaded and floor time will have to be shared. We literally have at least four guys that most likely believe they will be THE star at WSU.. and they have the talent to back that up. Somebody is going to have to learn humility really quick and that ain't easy to do. It's a good thing that for the most part, the "stars" play different positions.

T

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                The key will be the new players learning Marshall's system and meshing as a team.

The best teams don't always have the best individual athletes, but they do have team chemistry. Case in point the 2006 S16 team. Chemistry within this group will be key.

--'85.
                Okay, we were on the same brainwave at exactly the same time.

T

Comment

I agree that chemistry can quickly make up for lack of experience. It's gonna be interesting to see how it all unfolds. The potential is certainly there for next year to be a good year. I think the 2-3 year time frame really has some potential to it. Really, our valleys have become less steep and our peaks have become quite high. Thank you Gregg Marshall.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    We are going undefeated in conference.

The last 3 seasons we have lost 6, 4, and 2 conference games respectively. We lost a lot of seniors, but what we have coming in to replace them are another level of player. Losing Ragland hurts, but with Armstead, FVV, and DWILL, we should be just fine on point. I don't think we will miss Stutz's production one second. I personally am happy I won't have to bang my fists against my head anymore when someone half Stutz's size owns him or forces him to commit silly fouls. The kid simply wasn't an athlete. We have too many tall, mobile athletes who can score in multiple ways to worry.

I love Carl Harl, but Carl is one dimensional offensively. His ceiling is limited. Several of the new recruits that I have watched in pickup are multidimensional .. true blue chippers. Their ceilings are limitless. Toure Murry was solid, but not exceptional. Wiggins is the player Toure wishes he could be. Kyles.... *sigh* ..unfortunately he won't be missed. Ben Smith brought his lunchbox to every game. He is a man. That said, we have more than enough fire-power to replace his production.. and his replacements are taller.

I'll tell you something else, either Wiggins or Early are going to the NBA. You can take that to the bank.

If EO gets his **** together, we could realistically have three players on our team right now that could make it to the NBA.

I am making this post at 1:46AM on a Fri.. Saturday morning. I am not totally drunk...... ........ .........

It's a great day to be a Shocker

T

You may not be totally drunk, but you are getting there.

Sh*t = Fecal Matter

I always love unbridled enthusiasm.

When are you going to return my email message?
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Speaking of predictions, last Season, nobody but NOBODY predicted for us to march right into Omaha and play like we owned the place. Was that not a highlight to beat the blue-jaybirds by 18? Did you see the early stampede for the exits? After all, around 18,000 Creighton fans were there and expected to win that game, maybe even by 18? Maybe we peaked just a tad early last Season, but THAT win was a blast of elation for our Program. After they had beat us at 21st and Hillside, many believed they had the Valley race in the bag. Yes, we needed some help of other Valley teams to give them 3 other losses.

Just like last Season, Creighton will be picked to win the Valley and are loaded. However, with key 5 Seniors last Season, we found a way to win the Valley with only 2 losses. If anybody predicted that early on, I missed it. Now the question becomes, will a Valley team again emerge to beat out Creighton for the Valley Title? Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        Speaking of predictions, last Season, nobody but NOBODY predicted for us to march right into Omaha and play like we owned the place. Was that not a highlight to beat the blue-jaybirds by 18? Did you see the early stampede for the exits? After all, around 18,000 Nebraska fans were there and expected to win that game, maybe even by 18? Maybe we peaked just a tad early last Season, but THAT win was a blast of elation for our Program. After they had beat us at 21st and Hillside, many believed they had the Valley race in the bag. Yes, we needed some help of other Valley teams to give them 3 other losses.

Just like last Season, Creighton will be picked to win the Valley and are loaded. However, with key 5 Seniors last Season, we found a way to win the Valley with only 2 losses. If anybody predicted that early on, I missed it. Now the question becomes, will a Valley team again emerge to beat out Creighton for the Valley Title? Stay tuned.
                        *fixed*

P.S.

Creighton is "loaded"? By whose definition?

T

Comment

You better believe Gregg Marshall expects to win the Valley again next year. I don't know why we can't share in his confidence.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            You better believe Gregg Marshall expects to win the Valley again next year. I don't know why we can't share in his confidence.
                            Once the Valley Season begins, we will most all expect to win the Valley and be confident because we are Shocker fans. Right now though, how do we replace 5 very solid Seniors with oodles of experience? Just because Carl Hall, D-Will, EO, etc. are returning, and we have an incoming banner Recruiting Class, and 3 key redshirts that adjoined the team all last Season, should we have oodles of hope right now? I don't think I will ever pick us to lose on the prediction boards on SN but, but, but? I hope the expert prognosticaters have little hope and pick us as low as 4th, because we want to rock their world. Was we not picked a lowly 4th the Season we was in the SU_WEET 16? We even took care of Tennnessee who got lucky and beat Marshall's team with a shot that happened to go in.

In the scheme of things, we will not go undefeated in the Valley. After losing to Creighton last Season at 21st and Hillside, the Creighton assemblage amped it all up, proclaiming that they had arrived so we should all just succumb to the predicted Valley winners? Guess what? We finally lost one road game thereafter, ended up with only 2 losses total in the Valley, and beat them in Omaha by enough to disperse their fickle crowd as the 'WSU NIT' signs were not to be found. However, we had 5 solid and very experienced Seniors at that time.

Now we have a banner recruiting class and a few Seniors. What does it all mean? How soon can we mesh? Stay tuned, get your tickets, and come on down baby!!! The people I know who are Shocker fans and have seen what we have now are not at all intimidated by Creighton or anybody else. However, it takes time to mesh so many new players. How long? Dunno. Stay tuned!!!!!!!

Comment

Good to see Cold in fine mid-season form.

Comment

Working...
                              X